Side by Side Club

AYA117

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested but I think we need to get members to register their interest under this topic. If there is sufficient interest we take it up with one of the moderators or Teal who is apparently the site owner. (So thats 2 of us so far).

Edited by JJsDad

As witnessed in OPP's thread, because SbSs tend to be of lighter construction and in view of the in vogue (somewhat silly) trend in producing faster and faster cartridges, cartridge choice can be problematic for these guns and particularly regarding recoil but not forgetting pattern quality. Therefore, would it be advantageous to include their ammunition in any sub forum?

1 minute ago, wymberley said:

As witnessed in OPP's thread, because SbSs tend to be of lighter construction and in view of the in vogue (somewhat silly) trend in producing faster and faster cartridges, cartridge choice can be problematic for these guns and particularly regarding recoil but not forgetting pattern quality. Therefore, would it be advantageous to include their ammunition in any sub forum?

Hang on ! We need a Side by Side club before we can think about 'sub forum' :yes:

Can we count you as '3' ?

6 minutes ago, AYA117 said:

Hang on ! We need a Side by Side club before we can think about 'sub forum' :yes:

Can we count you as '3' ?

Not so sure now. Hasn't even got off the ground yet and we're already quibbling.

Just like the Pump Club, wouldn't this qualify as a sub forum to the Guns And Equipment forum?

32 minutes ago, AYA117 said:

Therefore, would it be advantageous to include their ammunition in any sub forum?

I would have thought that if we are asking to set up a "S x S Club" within the Guns & Equipment heading it should include cartridges for side by sides, seems a bit restrictive to exclude ammunition. For example if someone has a 2in. chambered 12 bore and wants to discuss his options for cartridges, to say shove off and discuss elsewhere. If you have an interest in S x S, to me it follows that you have an interest in safe / suitable loads.

4 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

I would have thought that if we are asking to set up a "S x S Club" within the Guns & Equipment heading it should include cartridges for side by sides, seems a bit restrictive to exclude ammunition. For example if someone has a 2in. chambered 12 bore and wants to discuss his options for cartridges, to say shove off and discuss elsewhere. If you have an interest in S x S, to me it follows that you have an interest in safe / suitable loads.

If we get one, it should hopefully include everything to do with a SBS, I thought he meant a sub part of the club, not included in it. My mistake!