Side by Side Club

AYA117

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Penelope said:

It was your description of a nettle basher that made me chortle.

Serious question. What would you expect to pay for a decent Dickson trigger plate round action?

I may have a reasonable inheritance coming in the foreseeable and have always had a fancy for a Dickson.

Well, you could always just start with the action (estimate 600-800) and build up from there! :)

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=IA1219++1430+&refno=++146776&saletype=I

(thanks for the kind words on the dog post, btw)

18 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Well, you could always just start with the action (estimate 600-800) and build up from there!

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=IA1219++1430+&refno=++146776&saletype=I

Castle Gunmakers of Norham have  a R/A at £7950   and a pair  R/A at £26,500

Blackpwder

20 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Well, you could always just start with the action (estimate 600-800) and build up from there!

:lol: A bit like one of those model magazines where get a new bit every month.

On 11/12/2019 at 21:06, keeper96 said:

Army and navy 12 bore, Boxlock non ejector and a W richards case bought at auction today. 
apologies for the black tape but it’s just holding a temporary butt pad to work out the required extension 

390D4B3A-119D-4746-85B4-0A96346026A7.jpeg

5831B344-CFC6-4B99-9EBD-C75B8420B029.jpeg

19596296-41BB-4444-8175-578947C298DB.jpeg

image.jpg

Who measured you for the required extension?

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Who measured you for the required extension?

No one, I got it home and just put the one on that I had, if it’s somewhere near then I’ll go to my local fitter and get it measured properly, if not I’ll play around a bit more until I’m happy before going to see him. 

2 hours ago, foxbasher said:

i dont normally play much on the open forums but i did join pump club so i thought i would add a few pics of a new perchase here too. fabarm beta lux multi choke, 30" back bored barrels, beavertail forend, pistol grip with palm swell and 3" mag to boot. 

IMG_20191207_153016-744x992.jpg

IMG_20191207_152459-992x744.jpg

IMG_20191207_152156-992x744.jpg

IMG_20191207_152130-992x744.jpg

IMG_20191207_152118-744x992.jpg

Very nice and I should think very good when you need to put a big load in the air 😊👍

Thanks button I’m just off to work so I will look the slip out tonight. My wife bought it for me for a birthday present from House of Bruar I think it might be Something like Ray Pavon but will check later. It’s well made and sturdy and should last well and it’s

8 hours ago, button said:

Very nice, I really like the slip, any chance you could let me know what make it is please

less obvious  in the city going to and from the car

9 minutes ago, Konor said:

Thanks button I’m just off to work so I will look the slip out tonight. My wife bought it for me for a birthday present from House of Bruar I think it might be Something like Ray Pavon but will check later. It’s well made and sturdy and should last well and it’s

less obvious  in the city going to and from the car

Thank you for coming back to me 

If it is HoB that would be ideal as I pass that weekly but for the sake of my finances tend not to stop!

What is your s/s, I quite fancy one with a pistol grip, AYA?

16 minutes ago, London Best said:

Is that a split in the head of the stock???

Saw that, it needs looking at, but I put a glass on it and it seems deeper and wider a whisper back from the action as though something scratched along the action and then on to to the wood and it does run somewhat across the grain. Gallyons hold the records which means you'd have to pay a bit for any details, but one site suggests c1956 as the year of make. Decent ones are making reasonable money. I have been told by a 'smith/RFD not too far south of Lloyd that if mine -  which he says was not a sleeper but had been in a coma since '74 when it was made and as it has virtually no real sign of use except for a dint on the rib which would disappear if the barrels were to be blued - was to appear on his 'for sale rack' it would carry a price tag of £2300.

003.jpg