Side by Side Club

AYA117

14 hours ago, buze said:

That's a bit expensive isnt it? 80 clays for £38 ??! I mean the SxS champ was great, with a great lunch, well worth the money -- but here in the C19 era, you show up, see 4 other people, shoot 80 clays at 47p each (!). Hmm doesn't sound /terribly/ exciting to me. I'm a member at AGL, I like them and want to support them but well, not this time.

Thought exactly the same, I suppose they need to pay extra staff for working the buttons, but it would be an expensive trip out 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stimo22 said:

Thought exactly the same, I suppose they need to pay extra staff for working the buttons, but it would be an expensive trip out 

Hope that the S/S Championship is reinstated next year,it`s a great day out!!!

Too far for me to shoot 80 clays without the `event` atmosphere this year .

• 2 weeks later...

Always enjoy looking at other people’s guns, so here are mine. The hammer gun is a Midland Gun Company 20b from the 1920s and the box lock is a McCririck 16b also from the 20s.

I shoot much better with the o/u, but I don’t have to explain to this group why these two feel special.

A1364571-8E89-48CB-9183-027CB6FA5E02.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

Welcome back!

Thanks👍

47 minutes ago, Gunman said:

They were always solid but mainly  basic finished guns . Better than many of the rest .

It’s very well put together, a few knocks on the stock but nothing serious. The action is tight and the blueing is good. No pitting or bulges in the barrels and the ejection is very strong. I had never handled one until yesterday, very impressed.

Are they still in business?

2 hours ago, Taileron said:

Thanks👍

It’s very well put together, a few knocks on the stock but nothing serious. The action is tight and the blueing is good. No pitting or bulges in the barrels and the ejection is very strong. I had never handled one until yesterday, very impressed.

Are they still in business?

Think so and sometimes referred to as Armas. Made good solid guns for all of my fifty year shooting career. You can Google them

5 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Very nice. For "eye appeal" I've never really rated the Aya and think that the Arrieta and Ugartachea made guns are better looking as also were the entire range of contemporary Gunmark and Parker Hale labelled Iberian offerings.

I would certainly agree regarding the Arrieta. 
Garbi are also very nice.

35 minutes ago, London Best said:

I would certainly agree regarding the Arrieta. 
Garbi are also very nice.

I visited Weismans in Cannock, he had a great selection of S/S, some of those you mentioned were in stock and had been refinished, they were in immaculate condition, but they were not cheap.

9 minutes ago, greylag said:

Isn't it just so nice holding a s/side.They just feel right.Oh so nice.

I have to agree for walked up they sit lovely on the arm. I’m fortunate enough to have a very large permission so I went out last night for vermin control, it felt lovely but took me a bit to get used to shooting one again.

4 minutes ago, button said:

I thought the same but the website is still up and made enquires about importing one of these as they look stunning in my eyes

http://www.ugartecheashotguns.com/models/modelo-1030/?lang=en

Website dated Jan. 2017.

Price reduction. Maybe they are still selling off stock/work in progress?