Side by Side Club

AYA117

8 minutes ago, SlimRick said:

Not really, bought from auction in January of this year.   12 Bore, non-ejector, as basic as they come.  I know that when the apocalypse comes, everything but cockroaches and my boxlock will cease to function.

I wonder how long it  will take some of the cockroaches to learn to reload, and take control of the rest..;)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey, best Pigeon Watch topic ever. Everyone agrees, everyone has a great time. I think we should just erase the rest of the forum and keep just this topic...

Thanks for the pic @JohnfromUK it looks fantastic, the engraving is awesome. I'll post pics of my two maleham when I'm done refinishing the stock of the one I got from Mike.

Heres a video of me shooting clays with one of them at Mid Wales shooting center on a lovely afternoon

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b9NjZymZ60m9dRRk2

15 minutes ago, buze said:

Blimey, best Pigeon Watch topic ever. Everyone agrees, everyone has a great time. I think we should just erase the rest of the forum and keep just this topic...

Thanks for the pic @JohnfromUK it looks fantastic, the engraving is awesome. I'll post pics of my two maleham when I'm done refinishing the stock of the one I got from Mike.

Heres a video of me shooting clays with one of them at Mid Wales shooting center on a lovely afternoon

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b9NjZymZ60m9dRRk2

I once shot a round of OT at nwss with a live pigeon greener (i think) SxS...it was...interesting ?

36 minutes ago, button said:

Really like this

Where did a 117 fit in the range?

It was a model below the No.2, there was a 116 below that ( basically a non ejector 117 ) and then a 112. The odd thing is, it has a higher grade wood than one of my No.2s, according to the gunsmith at ASI that is not uncommon !

32 minutes ago, buze said:

Blimey, best Pigeon Watch topic ever. Everyone agrees, everyone has a great time.

Welcome to Side by Side club :good:

This was on another thread, my Model 220.

20180322_091108.jpg.d72125851d3596cd0ff8ebdffe253477.jpg

On 19/04/2018 at 21:33, JohnfromUK said:

Hammer Powell, made 1871

Powell Hammer 1.JPG

Beautiful gun and in my view one of the only true ambidextrous opening mechanisms. I sold mine with the W Richards name to America and have been looking for another. I viewed one for auction  today but the barrels are not much better than scrap so not bothering. One will turn up!

34 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Beautiful gun and in my view one of the only true ambidextrous opening mechanisms.

You do find hammerless Powells with this mechanism, and of course the Horsley has a another ambidextrous system - and all of the 'push forward' underlevers (Woodward, Lang, thumbhole Purdey, Murcott's 'mousetrap' etc) are ambidextrous, as is the 'pull up' Darne, though that has a side safety to upset the cack handed.