Death of a loyal friend !

Westley

Well, after some 20 years of use (but little abuse) my beloved Scientific Anglers Kelly green, Wet-Cel 2 passed away today.  It had to have been one of the best lines ever made and was a 'go to fishcatcher' every time.  It had saved a blank day many times over, and had caught an awful lot of fish, but it finally gave up today. It had more memory than enough, twisted and tangled whilst trying to cast and then refused to sink in any way evenly. As these lines are well obsolete, I had stripped it off the reel,  cleaned and dried it,  then stored it in large loops rather than on the reel, in an effort to prolong it's life. Now, the BIG question,  has anyone any advice as to what it's replacement should be   ?   I have 3 clear intermediate lines, 2 Snowbee and a Hardy. Although they are good at casting, they do not seem to have the same hanging or level retrieve capabilities of the old Wet-Cel. Any advice, preferably with personal experience, would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Guys.

Can’t beleive the flipping price of fly lines now! However I have one of these are it’s great https://www.fishingmegastore.com/fly-lines/cortland-competition-slow-intermediate-fly-lines----green~44896.html

These are also excellent.  http://www.snowbee.co.uk/webshop/fly-fishing/clearance-items/clearance-lines/spfl-wfst-i-xs-plus-kelly-blue-intermediate-fly-line-9-only/

other than that Shakespear lines are good, haven’t tried one of Mike Barrios lines but they are well though of

50 minutes ago, Westley said:

I bought their 'floater'  last season and that works well. Have you tried their intermediate  ??

Yes, performs well, I only use floating and intermediate for my fishing, both I rate highly. Tried many makes of line but have settled with barrio now