Shoot cancellation insurance.

Penelope

Does anyone know of an insurance provider that covers shoot cancellation insurance? I shall be booking a day's driven grouse shooting for October in the Yorkshire Dales to celebrate my 50th year on this planet, which is not cheap, so want to cover all possibilities.

On 4/20/2018 at 12:22, simonm said:

If you look on the GunsOnPegs website they have an insurance page and so single day insurance underwritten by Hiscox.

You have to join their Triple Barrel scheme first.

On 4/20/2018 at 16:35, David BASC said:

I spoke to AIM but as it was single day I was advised that the premium would be very expensive in comparison to a season's cover, although I did find something through Mellerups, who's details are also given on the BASC site.

56 minutes ago, JDog said:

You have no doubt started to check the weather forecast for that part of the world in October.

Indeed and the run-up to it from now.Could do with the weather improving, which I believe, from a point next week it is due to.

3 hours ago, Penelope said:

Thank you, so do I. A 75 brace day through Adam Morton Sporting. My wife and dogs will be with me on the day and I hope to put something on here afterward.

I am lucky enough to have shot driven Grouse and it is quite mad in a good way. If you shoot a bit of driven pheasant if is so different, I have found myself shooting down at birds from the butt and towards beaters. At times it’s more like a bolting rabbit as they skim over the heather at less than eye level, and the noise they make as they are coming towards raises the hairs on your neck.

I am at them start of October this year and can’t wait.

Glad u gt it sorted and i would say a wise decision when shooting at that time of the year, and even more so when its a special 1 day and u've worked and saved hard for it.

Nothing worse if weather spoiled it

Must admit we had some cracking days in oct and even Nov last season, sadly only picking up thou (apart from the keepers day) But

Would be well worth getting some lessons on a clay ground with a decent grouse butt, be well worth it as very different to 'normal' driven or even walked up birds.

I imagine shooting pigeons in a hide might be quite good also (althou its not something i do very often)

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:09, Penelope said:

Does anyone know of an insurance provider that covers shoot cancellation insurance? I shall be booking a day's driven grouse shooting for October in the Yorkshire Dales to celebrate my 50th year on this planet, which is not cheap, so want to cover all possibilities.

Sound like a brilliant way to celebrate your half century Penelope , I cant see the Midland being the armament for the special day :lol:

Look forward to the report.

Time I celebrate my next birthday with a naught on the end, I doubt I will be able to make it as far as Yorkshire let alone going up to the moors , mine would be more like a Vera Lynn sing a long and retire to bed at 9 .30 with hot chocolate .:no:

Just a thought on insurance and what a great idea it is for the moors. When we were on the moors last time out we could not get to the top to Shoot in the afternoon due to mist/fog. The moor up the valley cancelled their whole day and it should of been big one. It would of cost thousands. We were lucky that there were enough drives below the mist which did roll in and out to get a full day even if not the bag we were expecting. 

On 4/27/2018 at 19:22, marsh man said:

Sound like a brilliant way to celebrate your half century Penelope , I cant see the Midland being the armament for the special day

Look forward to the report.

Time I celebrate my next birthday with a naught on the end, I doubt I will be able to make it as far as Yorkshire let alone going up to the moors , mine would be more like a Vera Lynn sing a long and retire to bed at 9 .30 with hot chocolate .

No, I'm taking the Matador 10, as it's an ejector. ;)

• 5 months later...
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:09, Penelope said:

I'm just having a read through and spotted this, is your big day still on then? If so i hope you get the weather you want.

10 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Fantastic, i know there was a lot of talk about numbers being down and days in Scotland being off, hope it was great.

The day was cancelled in mid-September, but I got a call the Tuesday, the week before the day to say it was back on.