Caesar Guerini Forum

MR. BROWN

Hardly any CGs down here in OZ and consequently the FORUM is a rare bird indeed ....

In my searchings, I see the Caesars are relatively popular in the UK ( as well as the States )

Am close to 'dropping the hammer' on a Forum, but with an almost complete dearth of 'online talk / reviews', I'm ( surprisingly to me ) a bit apprehensive .....

But hey, that's a good a good thing, right ?

Anyone here with some comment on the Forum ?

12 minutes ago, paulinlincs said:

I own the Maxum . Owned for many years with thousands of carts through it never a problem. Guerini uk and Guerini USA are excellent with customer service .

I agree. You'll get someone come along and say that their mate had one that shot loose in 500 rounds but mine's a 2011 Challenger and still so tight I sometimes wish it was a bit looser.

CGs don't have any common trouble areas like certain other Italian guns :whistling: and they seem very reliable.

Over on ShotgunWorld.com there are 2 CG sub forums going back at least 10 years and very few posts reporting actual faults or breakages.

Hi

i had a Forum, the gun was stunning in every way until I noticed some black corrosion on the edge of the action one day. I cleaned that gun meticulously so it was not neglect. It was not major just a small piece that you could see with your eye when you knew it was there, under a magnifying glass it looked black and pitted. I px the gun in, it did scare me on a gun that was over five grand at the time. Have a good close look first before you buy.

chris

I shoot an Invictus V, for about 2 years, it's JUST showing a bit of 'wear' now, and I know it's just a couple of screwdriver half-turns from being all tight again (I shoot about 1K/month). Other than that, it looks fantastic on the range, on the field, and has had zero issues. I sourced a new forend from the importer to get a beavertail (trap) one instead of the sporting one... for a token price, and it was fitted straight on by their gunsmith. They serviced the gun as I was there, and also serviced my wife's Magnus Syren at the same time.

I can't speak highly enough of their customer service really. The prices of the new gun has gone up quite a bit since brexit, but it's still a fantastic bit of gun for the money, we have zero regrets getting these, and quite frankly I would hardly see a reason to get a Kriegazzi anytime soon.

2 hours ago, buze said:

I shoot an Invictus V, for about 2 years, it's JUST showing a bit of 'wear' now, and I know it's just a couple of screwdriver half-turns from being all tight again (I shoot about 1K/month). Other than that, it looks fantastic on the range, on the field, and has had zero issues. I sourced a new forend from the importer to get a beavertail (trap) one instead of the sporting one... for a token price, and it was fitted straight on by their gunsmith. They serviced the gun as I was there, and also serviced my wife's Magnus Syren at the same time.

I can't speak highly enough of their customer service really. The prices of the new gun has gone up quite a bit since brexit, but it's still a fantastic bit of gun for the money, we have zero regrets getting these, and quite frankly I would hardly see a reason to get a Kriegazzi anytime soon.

Because I am not a high volume shooter, the Aus. importer of CGs said the Forum would be "fine" and if I were ..... the Invictus would be a better choice !

'Luckily', I have committed to buy a Forum based mostly on aesthetics. :)

I had a 20g Forum and it was a stunning bit of kit, but it got chopped in for an Invictus.  That isn't a slight on the Forum, just that the Invictus suits me much better.

I hope that when you get your gun it makes you smile every time you pick it up, if it does that then it is the right gun for you and that is all that matters.