CSB5 24 gram load suitable?

5 hours ago, cookoff013 said:

I've seen a lot of data. It's not really a 24g powder. Maybe look for 28gram and 32g load data

+1

not a 24g by any stretch of the imagination.  Can get there with some twtching (2.75 hull, strong primer, stiff wad) and testing but definitely a powder that works best in the 28-30g range

Edited by Continental Shooter

Guest cookoff013
9 hours ago, hatsanmad said:

No worries mate. Pressure was rather low aswell he said think he said was around 770 bar. 

I load a 28 gram load with a bit zero wad that's a really nice load aswell when I get chance I will find the data sheet for it

thats above the standard proofing of 740 bar. 

• 3 months later...
Guest cookoff013
9 hours ago, shooterone0 said:

I have been reloading 24 gram loads for clays for a long time try 17.0 grains of CSB5. they go well.

what gauge is that?

in the 12 gauge this csb5 powder is really suited to 32g at 1200fps ( par for the course), 28gram loads, not really suitable for 24g loads but is not really "relative" economical. i say that because this powder is great value. but im more interested in using it economically. low powder charges (efficiently----mind) good pressures.

however, if its safe, go at it !

i`m really keen on reloading fibre wads.

I have loaded 1000's of 24 gram cartridges with CSB5, I only load fibre wad and my load recipe is

22 grains CSB5

4mm over powder card

21mm evo wad from FES

24 grams lead shot

70mm case and 6 point crimp.

Never had one tested but they kill well and are easy on the shoulder.

Guest cookoff013

the vectan AS and superspark is my tutorial load for loading. i did the near same,

21grain AS, superspark, and25grams of lead, its the 7/8oz bar.
i had one guy load up some, he reloaded #6 and then went pigeon shooting. it was nice he gave a running comentary throut the day, and the shells certainly performed very well.

i wanted that link between reloading and firing off shells, near instantly, not storing them in a cupboard for decades then wondering what these shells are. i forgot who the guy is, but he did really well.

Why does an enquiry for recommendations(=suggestions ) on a load - using powderX - progress from  "data" ( ie.NOT) - posted by a loader with the supporting endorsement - "great load, given me by a mate" - to the "I dunno" by the respondent when queried on the technical aspect of the load. Surely to goodness - on a internet forum - one can only suggest/indicate load data which is supported by pressure/proof test.

I rest my case.