Replacement Kicker Plates

JJsDad

Just a heads up in case you are like me, and suffered the failure of the plastic spike or kicker plate on your hide poles due to hard ground.

There is currently a a guy on the bay of evil selling a set of 4 steel kicker plates under the title `Pigeon Hide Poles Upgrade Kit`. As he has a very low start price and several ads you stand the chance of picking a set up at reasonable cost. I got a set for £9.50 plus postage (£5 ish). The tube that inserts into the pole is 15.85mm dia and is welded into the spike / kicker plate. Ideal if you have a broken alloy or plastic kicker or want to convert some cheap `Wilkinsons` laundry poles into hide poles. I have repaired 2 poles by cross drilling and pop riveting but a decent adhesive would probably fix them in place as well.

image.jpeg.4f40de7985f873fdd10e2eb9fce850b9.jpeg

Edited by JJsDad
Spelling

He has got a very low start price on them, which seems a bit daft. Once one set passed £12 I just dropped out of the auction and bid on a set that was currently at a fiver, ended up I got them for £9.50. Far more sturdy than some of the alloy or plastic versions that poles come with.