Double Glazing Unit HELP Required PLEASE

marsh man

Strange one , in my last house I renewed my sealed units in the windows , I started in the middle of the joint of the bead with a small scrapper and eased it up from the window frame , so far so good , on the bottom of the bead it had a thin strip of plastic which married into a recess into the window , after replacing the new unit I then reversed the process and by tapping it back in with a small piece of wood I managed to do all the ones without any mishaps.

Now I am in a new house I have finally got round to replacing two in our bedroom and three in the sun lounge , yesterday I started on the first one so I could find out how thick they were so I could order the new ones , after using two scrappers and applying a drop of w d 40 I got the four beads out , went and ordered the new ones and before going out for the afternoon I thought I would put the old one back in , now this is where my problem is , the bead is different to the ones I have done in the past , the ones I took out yesterday are flat on the bottom with the edges slightly wider , so I presume the inside goes into a recess in the frame and the outside is banged in somehow but I don't know how , up to now it look like I am defeated and might have to call a glazier in to finish the job off , unless one of you wise men can tell me how it is done .

MANY THANKS and any advise would be appreciated .    

Are your sure there not pressure glazed.. .ie the rubber seal on outside of glass pulls out (not part of pvc frame) if this is case slips wont tap back on..... if so you need to take rubber out first then re slip and then put rubber back in packing glass to slips.....

15 minutes ago, millrace said:

Are your sure there not pressure glazed.. .ie the rubber seal on outside of glass pulls out (not part of pvc frame) if this is case slips wont tap back on..... if so you need to take rubber out first then re slip and then put rubber back in packing glass to slips.....

That sound exactly right millrace , my previous ones were on double sided sticky Black tape which I cut out with a Stanley knife and then replaced with new tape when I installed the new ones .

When I took the beads off yesterday the unit would have fell out if I hadn't had my hand on it , once it was out it had loose rubber beading behind it ,  if this is the case , how do you get the bead in after the unit is back in .? and am I doing right by taking the beads out first .  THANKS for your time and advice.