Claiming ppi

fse10

So, i had a few loans with my bank had a letter last year saying they thought i had been mis-sold ppi on two loans with them & to call them which i did not do as put the letter to one side & forgot about it. A few mates at work have made claims & been paid out & said to me i should put a claim in, so i did on the 16th April. Had two texts come though saying they'ed logged the claims & would get a letter within five days. Then had two more texts come  on the 19th saying they had now paid the two refunds on the ppi claims & should receive the refunds in the next ten days & to contact them if i don't. Great i thinks that will be handy, then this morning get two letters both dated the 18th one saying they are investigating the claims & the other saying they have no info on me having any ppi on any of my loans ***. Will have to have a dig though my old paper work if i still have it as loans were quite a few years ago so may of binned it when the loans finished. I feel a heated phone call coming on :yes:.

hello, my bank is checking for PPI on a loan in the 1990s, i could not remember much until the lady gave me every detail:hmm:seems they do keep records online longer than i can go back to when i started with Lloyds 50 years ago, so 1 hour phone, 2 lots of paperwork PPI about £30 still unpaid,:rolleyes: was gonna get some more subs:)   

Got 180 quid back from a credit card from a past life they queried my account no ppi no card then checked and still had the recording or some such of him telling me this so paid out took about 4 weeks .And someone keeps telling me a.n.other owes me ppi for something i never had but looks like cowbag ex wife took one out in my name so il happily get that back beehatch

On 23/04/2018 at 12:50, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, my bank is checking for PPI on a loan in the 1990s, i could not remember much until the lady gave me every detail:hmm:seems they do keep records online longer than i can go back to when i started with Lloyds 50 years ago, so 1 hour phone, 2 lots of paperwork PPI about £30 still unpaid,:rolleyes: was gonna get some more subs:)   

I am in dispute with Barclays bank over a loan I took out with them back in 1992. They cannot find any details of the loan, and I haven't got any details of it now. I paid £10 for an 'indepth' search of their records, but they have drawn a blank. I hvae now lodged a complaint with the Ombudsman.

1 minute ago, steve_b_wales said:

I am in dispute with Barclays bank over a loan I took out with them back in 1992. They cannot find any details of the loan, and I haven't got any details of it now. I paid £10 for an 'indepth' search of their records, but they have drawn a blank. I hvae now lodged a complaint with the Ombudsman.

hello steve, Lloyds had my information going back many many years, even stuff i could not remember, still waiting to hear, talking of Barclays my younger son had his PPI x 2 paid by them and he did not need to apply, quite a windfall, good luck with yours, cheers  

I got a little over £11,000 few months ago so its well worth pursuing. The biggest payout was on an account (still use it) i opened in 1986 when i left school-Barclays stuck an overdraught on it complete with fee's without asking. So it was on two loans and overdraughts and they paid out within days.

On 4/23/2018 at 12:50, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, my bank is checking for PPI on a loan in the 1990s, i could not remember much until the lady gave me every detailseems they do keep records online longer than i can go back to when i started with Lloyds 50 years ago, so 1 hour phone, 2 lots of paperwork PPI about £30 still unpaid, was gonna get some more subs   

hello, to follow on from this post i have some very interesting information on claiming PPI  which i will give more details over the weekend, i am sure it will  be of interest for those looking to claim before the end date of PPI claims or of the many companies advertising to do for you, at a cost  

any excuse not to pay been there    get in touch with financial ombudsman fill the forms in send reply from bank paperwork etc leave it with them they will sort it for you they are a free service     do not use companies who advertise on  tv etc as they take a percentage and in the small print all of the interest   

16 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, to follow on from this post i have some very interesting information on claiming PPI  which i will give more details over the weekend, i am sure it will  be of interest for those looking to claim before the end date of PPI claims or of the many companies advertising to do for you, at a cost  

hello, in late 2014 i decided to see if i had any refund on PPI but like many 1000s then used an out source company ( DIRECT REDRESS)  as i did not think my bank would help, i signed the paper work and sent off for them to check giving details of one loan which i know i had back then or so i thought, well after a few weeks i received conformation of some money less their payment which came in early 2015, fast track to early this year as i was shredding up old finance papers and came across a statement for the early 1990s, anyway this time i went to my bank and left them to check, i received a conformationletter from Lloyds that they were checking my records and then on a phone call giving pass words like fathers middle name etc they asked for further details which only the bank would know, at no point did i contact direct redress by phone or letter as 3 years had passed and i thought my contract with them was closed, a few weeks back i received notification from Lloyds there was no account to claim PPI so i thought that was the end, yesterday i received in the post a letter from Lloyds saying they had made a mistake  re checked details and stated i would be refunded a sum of money with PPI and sorry for their mistake, the money would be paid with a permitted time not yet received, BUT in the same post i received a letter from DIRECT REDRESS giving full details of what Lloyds had sent and a bill, so how did the know when as i stated never contacted them, i phoned and ask but the lady refused to say, also i never sent a letter to cancel my contract by registered post which she said is in the small print so it was still live, therefore you owe us !!! i cannot understand how direct redress would know? any thought PW ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper