Common sense

walshie

I know common sense isn't so common these days but really?

When were evacuated from Florida last September due to the hurricane I left a couple of tee-shirts and a pair of shorts in the hotel room by mistake. After the hurricane I phoned them and asked them to post them on to me. They decided UPS fast track for $80 odd was the best way to send me £20 worth of clothes. 

I thought that took the biscuit until today. Mrs W does the odd bit of grocery shopping online and it was delivered today. Among the items was 1 sprout in a bag on it's own and 1kg of ginger in another and no-one thought to question it. :lol:

Im actually surprised that you even inquired about having items of clothing that you forgot to pack returned, but then i don't get too  attached to items of clothing. 

Did you think they would still have them ??? id have binned them, or given them to the local homeless charity.

Not sure about the sprout on its own, maybe they thought it was a sample sprout for the kids, we always had 1 on our plate when we were small to see if we liked them. 

The kilo of ginger, maybe to make ginger Beer.:yes:

You see Common sense still exists, you just need to find it. Ive got loads :lol:

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

Im actually surprised that you even inquired about having items of clothing that you forgot to pack returned, but then i don't get too  attached to items of clothing. 

Did you think they would still have them  id have binned them, or given them to the local homeless charity.

Not sure about the sprout on its own, maybe they thought it was a sample sprout for the kids, we always had 1 on our plate when we were small to see if we liked them. 

The kilo of ginger, maybe to make ginger Beer.

You see Common sense still exists, you just need to find it. Ive got loads 

Correction, my wife forgot to pack and it was my favourite one my son bought me for my birthday. Anyway, I (wrongly) assumed it would be a tenner or so to send. The hotel still had them as it shut the day we left and reopened the day I phoned.

Good call on the ginger beer. Is it worth cooking the one sprout to make sure I still don't like them? :hmm:

Edited by walshie

Over cooking the sprouts will still make it taste like a matured piece of cow manure. just boil for 3 minutes. 

A sprinkling of hundreds and thousands on the top will make it taste like strawberry's and ice cream. But close your eyes while you chew on it.

There's nothing that could make sprouts pleasant to smell or taste. I remember when I was about 18 being invited to a girlfriend's parents' house for dinner and being served a massive pile of sprouts with my roast.

Anxious to impress my new g/f I didn't mention I loathed sprouts so bravely tried one in case I really did like them after all. It made me heave, so I had to eat the rest by swallowing them whole. :lol:

Edited by walshie

We had a driver deliver 4 metal wheelie bins today. Our yard has an in and an out gate one at ether end of the yard, top marks to the chap he did try to come in the in gate but there were a couple of people waiting to come and be unloaded so I told the driver to spin it round and revers in the other gate so we  could unload him first so he could get on his way. he then turned round and tried to revers in the same gate! So told him again to revers in the other gate, he turned the truck round again reversed out through the estate and came in the in other gate forward at that point we gave up and let him wait until we got some of the others out so he room to turn round again.