ear muffs

welshwanderer

Depends on your budget, I love my protacs to bits, 3M seem to have released a new and cheaper version which I would have no hesitation to buy if mine died.

My order of importance when looking was SNR rating (they vary a great deal), comfort, price (but didnt want to spend over £200). My better half is very happy with a set of silverline £15 electronic ones, i find the attenuation markedly inferior and the cutting in and out of the surrounding noise plus loss of stero sound intrusive. The Peltors however i often entirely forget I am wearing until i get home and try to take my hat off.

The best sound attenuation i have experienced combined with the same comfort level as the protacs is a pair of peltor optime 3s, they now do a 4 though which has an even higher rating and are apparently very very good if you dont like to talk to any of the chaps you shoot with.

Edited by Wb123

Why not consider a pair of passive ear plugs of the 'made to measure' variety.  I have had a pair of Emtech  (£70 ish fitted) moulded soft rubber plugs for over 20 years and they are still as good today as when they were new, which is more than I can say about the Cens that are only 6 years old !

15 minutes ago, buze said:

I have two pair of these, they work really well. I've since graduated to in-ear molded ones, but the muffs are still used for other things, or for guests/spectators etc when we go out...

Hard to beat for £40!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001T7QJ9O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a pair of these used them for the last 5 years but i paid a fair bit more than this for them :unhappy:

• 1 month later...