India got it right

figgy

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Straight question - would you or others have a change of heart if Lee Rigby's murderers carried on murdering whilst in prison? Not having a pop - I am genuinely interested at what point people would say enough is enough

I can only answer for myself; No. We have people who commit multiple murders, while they are heinious they are still murders and our law does not allow us to give multiple life sentences unlike other countries, I do however believe that life should be life for murders. (thats it boiled down I think)

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

You say lack of 'logical argument' 
Its logical to me, otherwise I wouldnt bother writing it, but its not logical to you ?
Perhaps its your logic that is flawed ?

No the logic or lack of is agreed by philosophers over time, which is why I tried to get you to look at the site, it isn`t about intellect either. You said you knew what logical fallacies were and I asked why you still use them as it appears you are still using them.

5 minutes ago, henry d said:

No the logic or lack of is agreed by philosophers over time, which is why I tried to get you to look at the site, it isn`t about intellect either. You said you knew what logical fallacies were and I asked why you still use them as it appears you are still using them.

Circles.

This thread is about the death penalty in India being bought in for child rape.

What are your views on this Henry ?

2 hours ago, Scully said:

When you get back will there be any chance of posting the link to the claim you made? I’ve asked you to verify two claims now in different threads which you have just ignored. 

Sorry don`t know how I missed it, can`t see the second one.

"I would be interested however, in a link to your claim that ‘the government doesn’t want to know how many prisoners are suffering from mental health issues because it would cost even more to treat them.’ "

Much of it is from the NAO THIS is the basics and the full report is in a link on the left

1 minute ago, henry d said:

Sorry don`t know how I missed it, can`t see the second one.

"I would be interested however, in a link to your claim that ‘the government doesn’t want to know how many prisoners are suffering from mental health issues because it would cost even more to treat them.’ "

Much of it is from the NAO THIS is the basics and the full report is in a link on the left

I read the initial link you posted, and to which I was questioning, and although I can find reference to gov and mental health issues in our prisons, I can’t find any mention of the government not wanting to know how many prisoners have mental health issues because it would cost more to treat them.

Not that it has any relevance to this topic, but you made the claim. 

People are literally CLUELESS on how to debate or have a conversation with someone who opposes you (in the debate) without calling names or nit-picking over punctuation, or just general ad-hominen nonsense. I'm talking about most of you in this thread.

16 hours ago, Gordon R said:

My tone with idiots is condescending - hence my replies to you.

PS - a few freebies:-

Sentences start with upper case.

You don't need to use too much upper case, it makes you look limited.

None Connected should be nonconnected or unconnected.

etc has a full stop at the end.

chineese is really Chinese.

16 hours ago, victorismyhero said:

i notice you retreat into the cave occupied by the lowest form of life on forums, unable to refute or debate my points nor produce any coherent counter argument, you slink off into the realm of the grammar nazi.

how about addressing the points I raise

oh you cant...job done then.......

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:
  12 hours ago, Rewulf said:

So basically, you don't like the way I word my posts ? No, it is your lack of logical argument not your words

It makes me wonder why you reply to them to be honest. Because no one is a lost cause

It's funny how no one else seems to have a problem understanding me, perhaps you are just too intelligent? I understand you and I`m not any more intelligent than your average guy in the street, I got 3 O levels and a few CSE`s, a few years ago I was award a BA, big deal lots of people have them.

You have a very dismissive manner Henry, and it's not just myself you seem to have issues with, as a 'youth worker' I would have thought you would be more accommodating of us plebs. Again you use a logical fallacy to try to undermine me (ad hominem) and I wasn`t being dismissive, part of my job is trying to educate people and that is what I do here when I can see a flaw in their argument. I believe that people should attempt to educate themselves throughout their lives as it has benefits for society, the person involved and their close family and friends. Don`t take things so personal, reflect on things, don`t accept things as absolutes even your closely guarded beliefs, test them by coming at them from another viewpoint.

Youre a very funny man Henry.

You say lack of 'logical argument' 
Its logical to me, otherwise I wouldnt bother writing it, but its not logical to you ?
Perhaps its your logic that is flawed ?

Are you taking me under your wing ,to put me right ? Bless :friends:

You understand me ? ? But what about my 'lack of logical argument ?? Now Im confused.
Whats even more confusing is your education level ! I thought by your superior moral and intellectual stance , I was dealing with a multi Phd level brain!

And here we go with the 'dismissive' tones of the logical fallacy (ad hominem) retort, not for the first time either.
Its a way of nullifying my argument, because you cannot find an answer to counter it, or (heaven forbid) agree with it , or find common ground.

If part of your job is to educate people, I certainly hope you dont use the same tone as you do on here, otherwise you will not be Mr popular.
Yes I come here to be educated, and I am on a daily basis, my mind is very open, always has been, and no I dont take it personally, I am an extremely laid back person.
Your views are your own, and mine are mine, if I see a different perspective that works with my current worldview ,I will take it on board.

But you need to practice what you preach.

•  

Bit of nonsense from most people in here. Just people getting digs in left, right and centre. Struggling to pick out any salient points amongst all that hot-air. Pointless.

Even if I was wrong about my points on the death penalty, at least I made points and attempted to substantiate them.

Make your point, provide some evidence, and stay open to having your mind changed, I'm fast being put off PW because people are just arguing for argument's sake, bickering.

Edited by DanBettin

10 minutes ago, DanBettin said:

People are literally CLUELESS on how to debate or have a conversation with someone who opposes you (in the debate) without calling names or nit-picking over punctuation, or just general ad-hominen nonsense. I'm talking about most of you in this thread.

Bit of nonsense from most people in here. Just people getting digs in left, right and centre. Struggling to pick out any salient points amongst all that hot-air. Pointless.

Even if I was wrong about my points on the death penalty, at least I made points and attempted to substantiate them.

Make your point, provide some evidence, and stay open to having your mind changed, I'm fast being put off PW because people are just arguing for argument's sake, bickering.

So you berate us for not debating properly, for calling people names and bickering, by doing just that back ?
Im surprised the thread isnt locked its gone so far away from the subject.

Rewulf - be kinder, he is a sensitive soul. I find that people start dishing out stick, then moan when it starts coming back.

The real problem is that people have fixed views and will not change their opinion on the strength of some cut and paste quotes or links. Some think they have the higher moral ground and get a bit peeved when people don't accept their arguments. Silly talk about back to the middle ages etc. 

I have asked where posters (who disagree with the death penalty), including the fragile soul above, at what point they would say "enough is enough". I think only henry d has actually given his view. I respect his view - I just don't agree with it.

I have asked where posters (who disagree with the death penalty), including the fragile soul above, at what point they would say "enough is enough".

These two have murdered before, let out, then committed another, along with torture & rape.

I'm all ears to anyone who can tell me why these two shouldn't have hung.....

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2018-04-25/two-men-jailed-for-life-without-parole-for-murder-of-vietnamese-mother/

14 hours ago, ordnance said:

The death penalty will not return to the UK, its hardly worth debating. 

Can you see into the future ?

Don't think India thought it would be brought back, plenty in the UK would like it brought back. A referendum results would be interesting.  As for hardly worth debating six pages so far. :lol::good:

Edited by figgy

10 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

These two have murdered before, let out, then committed another, along with torture & rape.

I'm all ears to anyone who can tell me why these two shouldn't have hung.....

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2018-04-25/two-men-jailed-for-life-without-parole-for-murder-of-vietnamese-mother/

Horrible case, the woman was no angel, but what they did to her was pure evil.

9 minutes ago, figgy said:

Can you see into the future ?

Don't think India thought it would be brought back, plenty in the UK would like it brought back. A referendum results would be interesting.  As for hardly worth debating six pages so far. :good:

Whilst I would initially agree with Ordnance , you are correct, many stranger things have happened.

Heres an example 

Brexit referendum - Remain say make sure you vote to stay as you will never get the chance to vote again - Country votes to leave EU - Remain screams for another referendum !

Never say never, bear in mind the EU does not condone  capital punishment within its membership, that will no longer be a barrier to us shortly.
And if Im correct about the population wanting it back, and IF given a referendum, who knows ?

Don't think India thought it would be brought back, plenty in the UK would like it brought back. A referendum results would be interesting.  As for hardly worth debating six pages so far.

This is not India, i am not surprised it was brought back in India. Plenty in the UK can want what they want, the death penalty will not return to the UK like it or not. PS I can not see into the future is called a opinion.