The one and only Single Shot Club

impala59

Well someone had to start it!

I have seen many single shot guns appearing in these pages and it seems to me that they too deserve a 'Club' page I am sure that there are many wonderful, historic, beautiful, ugly and downright weird guns that you would wish to share with your peers.

I will start the ball rolling with my diminutive 20g Ithaca model 66 lever action single shot, a great little gun, in my collection because of its parentage but a fine shooter too

5ade5677a0104_66b4(6).JPG.63451653db8c4176674485dd95c982e1.JPG5ade56774ed35_66b4(2).JPG.09533097bd5432fb9906db1678011a28.JPG

Count me in , having started with a shoulder thumper 60 years ago, I find that at 75, I`ve gone back to my roots to keep shooting ! Can`t carry a 7 lb gun far now, I use 2 folding Rodaccias ( 20 and 12 bore ) as walk up guns. Full choke means clean miss or clean kill..not too bad on clays, but weighing 5 1/2 lbs means I can cover at least 1/2 miles before my legs lose interest. I find push-on Pachmayr pads sort recoil and l.o.p..all good, BUT addictive, so also have an Ithaca 66 .410 ( brilliant choice for small game ), Baikal 12 bore brush gun, with factory sights and spark arrestor on 24 inch bbl, and an H @ R Topper also 12 bore..means I can use my recently acquired ( thanks to you guys ) adaptors to good effect..yes, they do work, just pattern first. Not sure where this lot came from, so glad they did !!!

21 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I want a double barrel, was going to sell the webley after but with the condition its in and going on what I paid for it and the prices I've seen on guntrader I'd rather it stayed in the cabinet. 

I reckon prices are down across the board, like you said better to hang on to it.

I gave away a W&S .410 on here about 6 years ago when I gave up shooting briefly for a bit. I eventually replaced it with a Norica 3-shot b/a .410 which I quite like, proper 'Mannlicher Carcano' moments getting three shots off. I've also got a CBC .410 which I probably don't use enough. The small bore b/a Webleys (9mm and .22) don't get used enough either, but are good fun when I do have cause for having a pop with them. Love a single barrel!!

23 minutes ago, Ricko said:

I reckon prices are down across the board, like you said better to hang on to it.

I gave away a W&S .410 on here about 6 years ago when I gave up shooting briefly for a bit. I eventually replaced it with a Norica 3-shot b/a .410 which I quite like, proper 'Mannlicher Carcano' moments getting three shots off. I've also got a CBC .410 which I probably don't use enough. The small bore b/a Webleys (9mm and .22) don't get used enough either, but are good fun when I do have cause for having a pop with them. Love a single barrel!!

I've been looking at them 3 shots too, probably wouldn't get a lot of use either but it's just one of them things I'd like in the cabinet. 

I do a bit on ferals indoors sometimes and the 9mm is perfect for it. 

Im up for another club, I bought my first gun a Coey in the late sixties and clearly remember my first pigeon, it was sitting atop a dead tree,  The same tree a year or two later i lofted a couple of decoys. Ive always been fond of singles, below is my collection, top three, Cogswell and Harrison's folders, 410-20 and 12 bore,  bottom a Spanish ten bore. The lightest is the 20 bore weighing in at 3 lb 9oz  2 1/2" chamber the 410 is 3" chamber and proofed 5 tons and weighs 3lb 14oz the 12 bore feels the most comfortable, I still have a mooch around with them, Rabbits in the dunes

5ae1ec993cfba_DSCN02631.JPG.b1bfd2b1562cababfa452ac1149bafa4.JPG

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Im up for another club, I bought my first gun a Coey in the late sixties and clearly remember my first pigeon, it was sitting atop a dead tree,  The same tree a year or two later i lofted a couple of decoys. Ive always been fond of singles, below is my collection, top three, Cogswell and Harrison's folders, 410-20 and 12 bore,  bottom a Spanish ten bore. The lightest is the 20 bore weighing in at 3 lb 9oz  2 1/2" chamber the 410 is 3" chamber and proofed 5 tons and weighs 3lb 14oz the 12 bore feels the most comfortable, I still have a mooch around with them, Rabbits in the dunes

5ae1ec993cfba_DSCN02631.JPG.b1bfd2b1562cababfa452ac1149bafa4.JPG

That’s a really nice collection and great memories too!

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 21:02, theshootist said:

My Greener GP (although one of the later ones made by Webley). I like looking at it!

DSCF2589.JPG

DSCF2590.JPG

Fabulous wood and metal artistry!

55 minutes ago, Neil23 said:

My sons currently using a baikal 410 single nothing flash but he loves it,mainly because it's nice and light. he's had I think 3 pigeons and a couple of crows in the hide with it.IMG_20180401_212200_489.jpg.5e2f955ca820922ab7c9d33b842cc79d.jpg

You just can't beat pictures like that and the memories being made, thanks for sharing, brilliant!

• 2 months later...

Thought that this might qualify. Early Lee Enfield, sporterised and converted into a .410 shotgun. 3" chamber and welded to make it section 2. Plenty of broad arrows all over so I don't believe that it started life as a civilian rifle like a Lee Speed. At some time in its life the barrel was painted (yes, painted!) making a lot of the stamps difficult to make out. Some day when I have the money, I'll probably get it re-blued. Very fun shotgun though it's small so doesn't fit well. I have tried to identify the precise model and as far as I can make out it started as a No.1 Mk1 or similar. Could well be wrong and I'd welcome any expert input! 

It once had a magazine cut-off, has flip safety and dust cover on the bolt, evidently pre-dates charger loading. Enfield2Edit.jpg.cbe1a3fc9abb79910573baef42be37dd.jpgEnfield1Edit.jpg.91e3c08ff00d4dfcbca7ce56c41d0c81.jpg

I have a rare single 12 Cooey why is it rare it is immaculate not a mark on the woodwork or metal work I always thought they came out the factory rusty and pitted 

Also have a single folding straight stock Topliss Notts 410 shot hundreds of bunnies with it