Selling a car - we purchase any vehicle etc etc

lord_seagrave

1 hour ago, snow white said:

Just scrap the ruddy think not worth the trouble.

I used to scrap cars as a living years ago phone scrap yard bloke comes with truck on the back get a signature on bottom of logbook send it of job done 60/70 quid in pocket down gun shop slab cartriges.

Or stick it on gumtree get 4 x as much, sign logbook, cop money and get 1000 carts , or new gun ?

4 hours ago, snow white said:

Just scrap the ruddy think not worth the trouble.

I used to scrap cars as a living years ago phone scrap yard bloke comes with truck on the back get a signature on bottom of logbook send it of job done 60/70 quid in pocket down gun shop slab cartriges.

You can't do that anymore, there is no place on the new logbook for private individual's to scrap his/her own vehicle.

On 24/04/2018 at 09:03, steve_b_wales said:

My local firestation takes scrap cars to practice on.

They normally require all fluids to be drained first. We had a firm supply all our cars that came drained etc. We of course never requested specific cars to harvest parts needed by any of the watch.

10 hours ago, Dunkield said:

One thing this process guarantees is a queue of people telling you you'll get "3-400 quid all day long if it has an MOT"

You won't, you really won't.

You wouldn't believe how little old secondhand cars are worth.

It's a 55 plate, it's nearly new isn't it :lol:

I know what you mean, I sell really cheap 2nd hand cars all the time, the thing is at the moment scrap cars are fetching £150 a ton,but  it's worth putting it on gumtree first and seeing what happens, there could be someone who needs a cheap banger to tide them over, or specific parts. If not take it to a metal recyclers and weigh it in yourself, its worth more than the £60/70 mentioned. 

For a megan with alloy wheels i would give around 150 depending on the body shape and engine. If you have time take the battery off and catalytic converter/ diesel particulate filter. Some one will buy them cats/dpf can be worth between £2 and £200 depending on the type (numbers on them) or if you cant be bothered just find your local emr (european metal recycling) take your licence and proof of address dated within the last 3 months and park it on weigh bridge go to the office with logbook and your newly aquired fob give it to them. Tbey will ask if its complete (engine and gearbox still in) and they will tell you where to put it then go back to the office and collect your recipt and then back to where you started to get your cash. Its currently 135 for a metric tonne in sheffield. 

Edited by lopylui