Another example of NO justice

Newbie to this

5 minutes ago, henry d said:

This is what you said; " ...because he had a rough upbringing." What was in the link didn`t matter as few bothered to read it as is evident from the replies and assumptions like the one below

Don`t hold your prejudice in, say what you mean, you`ll feel better

The way I look at it is, we have enough of our own home breed bad apples without importing more, no matter where they are from.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, henry d said:

This is what you said; " ...because he had a rough upbringing." What was in the link didn`t matter as few bothered to read it as is evident from the replies and assumptions like the one below

No this is what I said

4 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

No prison for committing sexual assult and assult, because he had a rough upbringing. 

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/refugee-tried-to-strangle-young-woman-181734/

Anther case of a failing system, where the offender is prioritised over the victim. What an absolute disgrace.

And it quite clearly has a link to the full article, which everyone can read.

The fact still remains that he is being prioritised over the victim. He should be punished for his crime and then deported so he poses not further threat to the UK public, as stated before.

3 minutes ago, henry d said:

I`m not apologising, just trying to level the playing field, the OP said he was given a lenient sentence due to his upbringing and that wasn`t strictly true, and I wouldn`t want anyone to think him a racist for cherry picking parts of the story to fit his own agenda

Oh dear the racist card

5 minutes ago, henry d said:

I`m not apologising, just trying to level the playing field, the OP said he was given a lenient sentence due to his upbringing and that wasn`t strictly true, and I wouldn`t want anyone to think him a racist for cherry picking parts of the story to fit his own agenda

No Henry, you are reading what you want to see.
Thats what the judge said, as well as the fact he couldnt be economically rehabilitated for his sex crimes.

The fact he is still seeking asylum, should also be taken into consideration, but wasnt.
Surely you should be making a effort to be accepted into the country that has given you sanctuary? 
And not sexually assaulting young girls, in a drunken state at 5am.
But Im sure he will go on to make a model citizen, why wouldnt he ?

Whatever your approach ,out of touch judge ,Guardian reading apologist ,or hang them high, he broke the law and attempted to rape and kill.End of no mitigating circumstances he did it so life imprisonment ,no parole .We dont have the death penalty but the law is an *** ,life should be life and proper prison with payback .He should be made to work his passage not have a free ride.If they wont because the judge lives in cuckoo land the victim should be allowed to appeal the sentence to the high court as no-one should see scum get away with wrecking their life 

2 hours ago, henry d said:

and of course that makes it right ? two wrongs and all that.

One of the 'wrongs' is a matter of perspective, he might enjoy it :)

But then you could say that incarcerating him was 'wrong' he just needed rehabilitation, putting back on the right path?
Which is pretty much what has actually happened, with judge Statman taking a keen interest in the young mans life path, he was obviously 'touched' by his story.

And there you have the conundrum, whilst all efforts have been made to accommodate and nurture the interests of the offender (Because like you, they believe that no one is a lost cause) the victim is left to fend for herself, and wonder when she is next going to bump into the man who sexually assaulted and strangled her.

As per the thread title, was justice served in this case ?
What effect has this left on the local population, who now believe that the large 'refugee' population in Kent are pretty much above the law, and can do as they will ?
People of the more left leaning variety scratch their heads and lament the rise of the far right, how could this be ? We are such a liberal, welcoming and tolerant society...

And the vicious circle continues.

22 hours ago, walshie said:

Can't be seen to be racist and convict a foreigner of a crime can we?

There should be a mandatory sentence for sexual assault regardless of who commits it.

The judge needs sacking. By passing sentences like this he is either out of touch with reality or condones that sort of behaviour. 

+1

11 hours ago, henry d said:

and of course that makes it right ? two wrongs and all that.

If he had committed the same offence in several countries I can think of, he would be dead.

Over here he gets his wrist slapped & he is free to do it again, are you trying to tell me thats right ?

13 hours ago, JJsDad said:

If he had committed the same offence in several countries I can think of, he would be dead.

Over here he gets his wrist slapped & he is free to do it again, are you trying to tell me thats right ?

No, what I didn`t like was the op using spin to cause a reaction, there was more to the judges decision than what the guy experienced as a child. Poor situation but if you want a good prison service you have to pay for it or better still better prevention work.

1 hour ago, henry d said:

No, what I didn`t like was the op using spin to cause a reaction, there was more to the judges decision than what the guy experienced as a child. Poor situation but if you want a good prison service you have to pay for it or better still better prevention work.

As I have stated before all the information was in the original post, for all to read. Hence why there was a link to the article. People could then make their own decision on whether justice was done. I for one don't think any form of justice was done.

Also as stated before, he should have been punished for his crime with a lengthy prison sentence and then deported so he poses no further threat to the UK public, regardless of his upbringing and lack of English.

You think of the perpetrator of the crime, I think of his victim. Which was another point of the original post, the court did the same and prioritised the perpetrator not the victim.

I can only hope that this person doesn't ever do the same thing to a member of your family, but the judges family would be a different story, because he would be directly responsible.

Edited by Newbie to this

57 minutes ago, henry d said:

No, what I didn`t like was the op using spin to cause a reaction,

Why ? Did it offend you in some way, did you not think it fair on the offender, why did it matter to you so much it appears you want to defend him ?
Was it even spin ? 

there was more to the judges decision than what the guy experienced as a child.

Such as ? That was his 'main' reason for giving a suspended sentence was it not, his age and the fact there wasnt a mechanism to rehabilitate him because of his language issues came secondary, was the judge a big softy, any other reasons you can think of ?
NONE of them are much comfort to the victim, remember her ?

. Poor situation but if you want a good prison service you have to pay for it or better still better prevention work.

What on earth has that got to do with sentencing.

Hopefully not too many L F s in there for you.

10 minutes ago, guzzicat said:

Probably his sole purpose in posting.

Im beginning to wonder that myself.

I am unclear how preventative measures would have worked - especially in this case. Had we known that he was a potential rapist / rapist, whilst seeking asylum, should he have been roaming the streets?

How would we know just who needs help to prevent them committing crimes? I am not interested in generalities, but on realistic measures to prevent a crime being committed in the future - any crime at all.:hmm:

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I am unclear how preventative measures would have worked - especially in this case. Had we known that he was a potential rapist / rapist, whilst seeking asylum, should he have been roaming the streets?

How would we know just who needs help to prevent them committing crimes? I am not interested in generalities, but on realistic measures to prevent a crime being committed in the future - any crime at all.:hmm:

More interesting, now that we know he IS a potential rapist, and his asylum claim is still being processed/probationary, why does that not affect his status ?
Why was he not recommended for deportation, surely there are conditions on asylum claims ?
Did the judge not think we had enough perverts in the country already ?

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

More interesting, now that we know he IS a potential rapist, and his asylum claim is still being processed/probationary, why does that not affect his status ?
Why was he not recommended for deportation, surely there are conditions on asylum claims ?
Did the judge not think we had enough perverts in the country already ?

I'm sure a liberal type will be along soon to enlighten you!

Poor bloody victim, must be wondering what she did wrong.

4 hours ago, henry d said:

Poor situation but if you want a good prison service you have to pay for it or better still better prevention work.

I'm going to disagree with that, it costs very little to lock someone up and throw away the key, what costs money is keeping prisoners inside without breaching their human rights, rehabilitation, decent food, education, and staffing to facilitate it. For the most serious offenders where proof is absaloute I say a swift death penalty, if not that, then lock them up for life and if it's too expensive do it at minimal cost, no time out of cell ect. Its time we put victims first instead of utter scum, regardless of the who, what's and why's of how these monsters have come to exsist.