your doing well if you've got rabbits to shoot never mind getting paid as well, unless your a pest controller and its your job.

I've only shot on one golf course, i did get asked if i wanted my ammo paying for but said no thanks just happy to have permission.

If it were me I'd tell them vermin are generally shot by enthusiasts for the favour of being allowed on the land, it'd be different if the place was overrun and had to have several nights intensive lamping or something. You never know what that might lead to with other permissions to follow. 

I have a golf course permission and am very grateful for it, when l first acquired it l asked what they wanted shooting and what they didn't.

Shoot rabbits, squizzers, magpies, rats, muntjack, fox, canada geese, pheasant and duck when in season, but don't shoot the hares ok, why not the hares l ask, because the members like to see them running about, fair enough.

Plus the bird life is fantastic when your laid up waiting for a shot with too many species to name.

l can sit there for hours without a care in the world, charge them l don't think so.

The only bugbear is those idiots who turn up to wack a ball about at silly o'clock in the morning when you're having a good session.

10 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

I have a golf course permission and am very grateful for it, when l first acquired it l asked what they wanted shooting and what they didn't.

Shoot rabbits, squizzers, magpies, rats, muntjack, fox, canada geese, pheasant and duck when in season, but don't shoot the hares ok, why not the hares l ask, because the members like to see them running about, fair enough.

Plus the bird life is fantastic when your laid up waiting for a shot with too many species to name.

l can sit there for hours without a care in the world, charge them l don't think so.

The only bugbear is those idiots who turn up to wack a ball about at silly o'clock in the morning when you're having a good session.

Are you sure its a golf course not a private estate ? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/04/2018 at 19:19, stuartyboy said:

I was offered payment on a regular basis on one of my golf courses. I declined it as it would cause issues with the insurance I had. My insurance covered shooting as a hobby or past time activity, not as a paid job. 

Sure there's other ways the club. Can show their appreciation though

This. Be careful accepting any payment if you're insured through one of the sporting organisations. It will invalidate your insurance.

There likely other ways for getting rewarded or, as I do, simply look at it as reward enough for having somewhere to shoot.