Does anyone spray paint?

lksopener

You want that piece of metal to be red like the one in the second picture. You say its a machine base, to me that infers that its your machine, a machine that you use, and you are asking here if anyone does spraying. have you not got enough gumption to work it out yourself? if not i do not hold out much hope for you when you use whatever machine it belongs to.  

4 hours ago, peck said:

You want that piece of metal to be red like the one in the second picture. You say its a machine base, to me that infers that its your machine, a machine that you use, and you are asking here if anyone does spraying. have you not got enough gumption to work it out yourself? if not i do not hold out much hope for you when you use whatever machine it belongs to.  

It’s from a Reloading machine but I won’t rise to your pathetic response. 

3 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Looks as though it could be part of a shotgun reloading machine ??

Thanks Hawkeye it is from a depriming press, no longer made sadly. 

An engineer friend has kindly stepped in and offered to shot blast and powder coat for me. 

Please close this thread mods. 

On 4/25/2018 at 16:03, peck said:

Forums are for posting questions, and this forum is particularly good at answering most. If you don't have anything decent to add, move on!!

Thanks COSD, I wouldn’t ask for something if I knew how to do it myself. 

I have sprayed things with rattle cans before but I want this to look good after being done so I was curious regarding the process. 

As it turns out my good friend is going to shot blast it for me and then I can get the base powder coated. 

Will update the thread once then process Is finished. 

Liam 

On 25 April 2018 at 16:03, peck said:

If you have nothing constructive to say then why bother commenting, it just causes ill feeling ?

:shaun:

have a look locally there will be some metal powder coaters or ally wheel refurbishes  or have a bash with rattle cans      powder coat will last longer hope this helps

just read back threads powder cote the way forward   every now and then a troll pops up all the best going forward

Edited by Saltings

17 hours ago, Saltings said:

have a look locally there will be some metal powder coaters or ally wheel refurbishes  or have a bash with rattle cans      powder coat will last longer hope this helps

just read back threads powder cote the way forward   every now and then a troll pops up all the best going forward

Just a little thing,remove bits & blank holes, otherwise you will spend a lot of time clearing plastic from holes. Powder coating has improved a lot lately. Best Of Luck