cartridges

Now is a good time to grab cartridges as the manufacturers start loading ‘pigeon loads’ like the hull super fast pigeon or gamebores velocity 30 gram 6. 

A 7.5 28 gram will kill pigeons and game so if you do some clay Shooting that’s also worth considering. 

On the game and pigeons you might want to tighten up on your chokes but clay loads will kill fine. 

28, 30 or 32g of number 5 or 6 shot will do the job. 

As said though can use 28g of 7 shot if you want to, use what you find best really. 

What type of rough Shooting? What range pigeon? Devoting? Roosting? 

I like 32g 5s on walked up pheasant as sometimes duck or geese can come over top

use 30g 6s in pigeon and crows land 28g 7.5 On clays

Up until recently I've stuck with 30g 6 pigeon selects for everything, can get them a good price, they pattern well and do the job. 

Have tried a few other odd boxes lately, 29g 6 pigeon power being the best, ridiculously smooth through the A303, polar opposite being some 32g 5 jokers which punch like hell. 

13 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Do you quickly change shells , or do you use non toxic for game

I have a load of steel/bismuth carts that a bloke in Bristol kindly gave me when I bought a load of duck decoys off him. 

I keep these in my Shooting coat pocket for just such an occasion ... 

I would hazard a guess that many guns stood waiting on pheasants etc have taken a shot at a duck flying over the line, as pointed out illegal now in England, although I believe still legal in Scotland if not shooting over wetlands? 

Edited by Lloyd90

59 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

28, 30 or 32g of number 5 or 6 shot will do the job. 

As said though can use 28g of 7 shot if you want to, use what you find best really. 

What type of rough Shooting? What range pigeon? Devoting? Roosting? 

I like 32g 5s on walked up pheasant as sometimes duck or geese can come over top

use 30g 6s in pigeon and crows land 28g 7.5 On clays

Hopefully pheasant shooting in Scotland!