nail guns gas or battery

Cant hit them all

I use an air compressor for my nail guns .

But i have 23 gauge .18 g .16 g and stapler .

I dont have a 90mm nail gun . (Again cos the nails are too expensive when you have to buy gas with them that u dont need. ) 

Ps the guns are much much cheaper .

Around £ 40 for a cheap one and £100 for a makita /dewalt etc .

I've got a couple of paslodes, if they're looked after they can last ages, my 2nd fix gun is 14 yrs old and regularly serviced. if I were to need another, i'd be tempted to buy one powered by compressed air this time round, dewalt now make a cordless flexvolt compressor, not sure how it would cope with a big nailer though.

I have a 18g nail gun run off a compressor and at £7 for 5000 nails upto 50 mm it’s superb. 

I also have a paslode 16g that’s great when it works. Been sent off every 2-3000 nails and the gas is a pain when cold.

my final gun is a universal which looks like a paslode first fix gun that fires upto 90mm nails. 

I paid £600 inc 25000 nails and it’s great. I broke it being stupid but stripped it and all was good within 15 minutes.

im not impressed with paslode and loads on site have them broken . I’d like to look at other brands next time that’s battery only.

paslode nails are £20-25 a pack but nails only are £10.

To add on this . My airline Stanley bostich fired 7000 nails in a day without a problem.

My partners dad has a dewalt first fix battery only says it’s great for the bump fire setting but eats battery and is heavy .

now he has a hitachi gas first fix says it finishes the 90mm nails at a better depth although it is very loud in comparison but slower but over all both good guns. 

The gas one needs servicing after a certain amount of nails . 

He still can’t belive he used to use a hammer 

Ive had a few. Started off with a Paslode 350. Good but got fed up when it was cold and it wouldn't fire etc. Sold it to buy the dewalt, good gun when it worked. Apparently the dewalt service chap said they've got a soft firing pin. Mine kept jamming and it was a right faff to get un jammed especially when upside down having to undo things with an Allen key. Fired about 2-300 nails on a 5amp battery. Rubbish. 

Next new bostitch, gas operated. Surely they should be good, turns out it's the same design as the old Paslode. Rubber o rings inside the combustion chamber. Needed cleaning quite a lot. Had electrical gremlins, fan would run till the battery was removed, to re set the brain. Rubbish.

last, back to a Paslode 350 plus. Finally a good one. Better at lower temps. Less servicing, still the old Nicad battery's but few problems, uses any make gas, quite happy. 

Steer away from the im360/im90 as Paslode only make the gas and nails for it, and I don't think it's any better than the 350+. Paslode, so I've been told are soon to make a chip in the gas, so only their gas can be used in their guns. 

Ive heard good reviews about the new hitachi battery nailer, from my honest tool man. He tells it like it is. 

Hope that helps

main intended use is for feather edge fencing boards, already have a 100L air compressor and 90mm nail gun but it's hardly used  for jobs as it takes up to much space on the van as it means taking the compressor the bigger generator to power it and the hose time you got that loaded its a fair amount of space taken and don't leave much room for the timber plus the faff of moving a compressor about  on and of the van. thats why im looking at pure cordless nailers in either battery only or gas versions. dont do alot of fencing a year  average around 300 meters of it a year. currently put all the boards up by hammer and nail wanna speed up time  and the cramp of holding hammers for hours