Increase in violent crime.

timmytree

When will the idiots running this country admit the truth and do something about it? A minority of the population is largely responsible for the worst of knife and gun crime, we all know it but nobody has the guts to say it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7856787/Violent-inner-city-crime-the-figures-and-a-question-of-race.html

If this isn't dealt with we are going to have a Soweto or Congo problem across this country. Our bloody country. A generation of these  people are natural bloody criminals, they support FGM, embrace crime of all sorts yet claim victimisation when they get pulled for checks. Where the hell is honesty? Why won't one political leader stand up and say what we all know? They would get the vote of 90% of the population. I feel sorry for the innocent of the same colour but its about time they cracked down on their own scumbags before racism gets even worse.

It boils my ****, imagine a farmer reporting a dog savaging his sheep? "it was a black labrador officer"

"Well I'm sorry sir, we're not allowed to pull in any more black labradors, we can only tug golden retrievers and jack russels, maybe the odd Afghan hound but nothing black, thats racist."

I am not racist in any shape or form but my belief is that the police should be able to stop and search anyone regardless of colour and even without reason nowdays   yes we will have a lot of youngsters bleating they are getting picked on but that's the only way to stop it  also heavy prison sentence  for carrying large knives  the innocent might get a bit upset for wasting there time but that's tough saving lives is more important

Edited by nobbyathome

You let a load of illegal scumbags into the country who have zero national pride (for any country ) and no morals .and this is the result . (What a suprise?) Why is it happening mainly in London? Cos thats where the majority of them end up .1+1 = 2.    Very simple maths .that the powers that be are blinded by due to political correctness. c.m.a.

I have a black friend who feels as strongly as I do. We've been friends for years, we met when at school in the 60s, his dad was in the RAF along with mine.

He thinks that there is a feral generation that have no respect for anyone, feel that the world owes them a living, that they can take with impunity and if they get pulled they cry "racism".

He feels embarrassed, I hate that, we're equals, ordinary blokes with families. He and I can see racism is getting worse because no one will admit the real problem and deal with it.

i have three things to be thankful for.

1 iam in my middle fifty's so my generation has had the best times

2 i live in very rural norfolk so i see none of this locally

3 i have no kids so i dont need to worry about their future.as i hate to think what this country will be like in 30 years time.

I dont think its just London that has seen an increase; according to the news most regions have seen an increase, unless I heard it wrong. Some forces have claimed it is the result of better or a change in the way crimes are reported. They seem to claim this everytime. 

I dont have any answers and I don't think anyone else has either; and imposing cynical restrictions on the law abiding in attempts to fool the general public that 'something has been done', doesn't improve matters either, although that wont prevent further restrictions. 

I get the impression that youngsters in certain areas seem to relish the gang culture. Maybe it's through a sense of belonging, or from a safety aspect, or simply out of sheer boredom, I don't know. 

Growing up in the '70's we sometimes clashed with others from out of town at village dances etc, and although some pretty severe beatings were administered at times, there were no knives or guns involved, and we never felt the need to do so. Then most of us grew out of it. I have no idea what it must be like living in such places today, but isn't society and quality of life supposed to improve as we evolve? We seem to be regressing. 

Just now, bornfree said:

i have three things to be thankful for.

1 iam in my middle fifty's so my generation has had the best times

2 i live in very rural norfolk so i see none of this locally

3 i have no kids so i dont need to worry about their future.as i hate to think what this country will be like in 30 years time.

I on the other hand:

1 I am in my middle 30's and have not had the best times(personally anyway)

2 I live in urban birmingham so i see it all daily

3 I have 3 kids all under the age of 5 and i fear for their future

I have come to despise a country(and a city) i loved when growing up in

5 minutes ago, Ollieollie said:

I on the other hand:

i genuinely feel sorry for you. 

3 minutes ago, Ollieollie said:

I on the other hand:

I share your concern and I live in a very rural area where my two kids grew up. I see very little crime and am affected by even less...touch wood. :)

I have two kids, and I can tell you it doesn't get any easier as they grow up.  My 21 year old daughter is at Uni' in Wolverhampton. The first day I dropped her off there we had to walk past a pub outside of which were a couple of syringes, to get to dorms. She has to pass this pub twice a day. She's been there for three years now and loves the city life and isn't concerned at all, although she is now pretty streetwise. My son is 18 and next year will be at Uni' in Newcastle. 

I think we share the same fears and concerns previous generations have had for their offspring. The vast majority do ok. 

We all have pretty good idea of the people behind violent crime or more importantly their parents. A lot of people will say, "I'm not racist but..".

I could quite comfortably say that I am racist and don't care what people say or think. I could also say that I've got black friends and that they know I'm racist. They know my views and feelings as well as my belief and background. But they'll stand by me if I'm in trouble I will do the same for them. I have like minded people gravitate towards me because they know where they stand with me, I won't spin them a lie. I don't get much trouble even though it's around me, I'm not afraid to give someone a dig if they are crossing the line. I'm not afraid to put someone in their place " in case I lose my certificate ". You could say that that's the same poor attitude that the tracksuit wearing mugs have behind these crime figures. But I don't impress my views on others with intimidation, or sell drugs to kids or disrespect people from the next postcode. Everyone is a customer in my world. I won't hide behind a liberal facade, I was bought up to stand up for your beliefs and not appease falsely. Too many young men, many better than me, have given their lives over the past one hundred years on battlefields, deserts, seas and in jungles and skies for me not to have my views. 

If we started to stand up for ourselves and each other more often, and not be afraid, these crime figures would soon diminish.

Edited by Pistol p

One excuse that should (all being well) no longer be available soon - is that tough sentences can't be applied because the prisoner will take his case to the European Courts.  We should regard and use getting rid of the European menace leaving Europe as an opportunity to get tough on violent crime, gang crime, drugs and general 'feral' behaviour.

I am a believer in short tough sentences.  Seeing in yesterdays paper prisoners (in Birmingham jail) playing video games, watching films, smoking (drugs and tobacco) and using mobile phones openly makes me cross.  My first inclination is to charge the governor with gross negligence and fire him/her.

13 hours ago, Ollieollie said:

I on the other hand:

+1 I also feel for you, I would never bring a child into this world now the good times are over.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

One excuse that should (all being well) no longer be available soon - is that tough sentences can't be applied because the prisoner will take his case to the European Courts.  We should regard and use getting rid of the European menace leaving Europe as an opportunity to get tough on violent crime, gang crime, drugs and general 'feral' behaviour.

I am a believer in short tough sentences.  Seeing in yesterdays paper prisoners (in Birmingham jail) playing video games, watching films, smoking (drugs and tobacco) and using mobile phones openly makes me cross.  My first inclination is to charge the governor with gross negligence and fire him/her.

+1, Respect the law or be in abject terror of being caught breaking it.For a start only ONE "suspended"  sentence,,,,, Ever, ! no automatic jail  time reduction, carry a blade, Go to jail, go direct to jail, do not pass go.Stop & search, I don,t have a problem, stop & search me as & when, only someone with something to hide need worry.

3 minutes ago, guzzicat said:

+1, Respect the law or be in abject terror of being caught breaking it.For a start only ONE "suspended"  sentence,,,,, Ever, ! no automatic jail  time reduction, carry a blade, Go to jail, go direct to jail, do not pass go.Stop & search, I don,t have a problem, stop & search me as & when, only someone with something to hide need worry.

Im with you up until this bit.

If you want to stop and search someone, you need a valid reason, not 'I dont like the look of you, you are black ,asian, scruffy ,you have a backback '
As long as you are not entering a secure area, like an airport ect, the police/security need to give you a reason why they have stopped you.

32 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Im with you up until this bit.

If you want to stop and search someone, you need a valid reason, not 'I dont like the look of you, you are black ,asian, scruffy ,you have a backback '
As long as you are not entering a secure area, like an airport ect, the police/security need to give you a reason why they have stopped you.

That is the argument that comes out from the neighbour hoods where stop and search takes place all the time.  Reality is stop and search is used in these areas because of the high crime rates, because people do look shifty, because people are up to no good, granted not everyone and its not a colour issue. 

3 minutes ago, SirDread said:

That is the argument that comes out from the neighbour hoods where stop and search takes place all the time.  Reality is stop and search is used in these areas because of the high crime rates, because people do look shifty, because people are up to no good, granted not everyone and its not a colour issue. 

Did you just say if you look 'shifty' they are up to no good ? :lol:
I probably look shifty all the time , because of what I wear for work, its not really a good reason for pulling someone is it ?
The area where I live these days, you would need about 100 x the cops to go through the local scrotes up to no good on looks alone, its not a viable option.

The poster said 'stop and search ,as and when' so you need to go and buy a pint of milk? And you get stopped and searched in the street, because you dont 'look' right.
You OK with that? Because Im not.
Its a slippery slop to a police state in my opinion.

I would definitely agree we are on a path to a police state with the additional powers given out.  Like most I would have thought on here, I work for a living, pay my taxes, have no criminal record but I cannot be trusted to carry a small folding knife on me because some delinquent decides he wants to take someone else's trainers. Rules put in place by elected officials who themselves cannot generally claim the morale highground. 

Stop and search is a sticky plaster at best over an amputated limb.  Its supposed to be a deterrent for the youth of today and while it does not stop the problem it has proven to have some success and some is better than none.  We need to stop blaming the police for the absolute lack of respect, morals and social cohesion that is becoming a bigger and bigger problem.  You want to know why kids behave like they do , the guy in this video lays it out on a plate.

I'm in my early 70s and I truly feel sad at the dismal mess we've made of this once great country. How have we allowed successive governments to virtually eradicate all traces of individual responsibility and self reliance resulting in a huge percentage of the population which expects and demands entitlement by right to things they've done little or nothing to earn.

And I've watched the continuing erosion of our ancient freedoms, particularly freedom of speech and freedom of the press. How could we have sleepwalked into legislation that makes expressing a perfectly valid opinion a "Hate Crime".

I too am not a Nazi or xenophobic but I simply don't believe I should have to change my cultural or religious norms or have different ones thrust on me by people who have very different values and in some cases strongly object to mine.

Many of the perpetrators (and victims) of the violence being discussed here are descended from the currently topical and emotionally charged "Windrush Generation". It seems that even after 3 generations there is still a problem with integration and participation and that the ghetto mentality is as strong as ever.

I will never understand why our society is expected to jump through hoops to appease a minority most whom it seems, don't wish to be part of our society - except when it comes to claiming benefits of course.

22 minutes ago, SirDread said:

You want to know why kids behave like they do , the guy in this video lays it out on a plate.

Interesting talk, and he talks very well.  I agree about people feeling 'entitled', but this is (in my view) mainly due to the 'benefits centric' society we live in, where honest work no longer commands respect.  Those things in life we (at least my generation of over 60's) consider as 'luxuries', nice cars, latest TV/music stuff, holidays away, meals out, fancy kitchens stacked with appliances, and all the 'goodies' that come in a consumer society - are expected as basic entitlements, available even to those who do no work to earn them, by today's 'yoof'.  The idea that people who choose to live from state handouts should have latest TV, satellite, foreign holidays, Costa(lot) coffee etc, all handed to them free - paid for by the hard working who scrimp and save is plain wrong.  That is the society built for us by Blair and Brown, and the model on which Corbyn wishes to build on and take further.

When I was young, what you wanted was a good job - and if you had that, working at it brought the rest.  Now people want the benefits without the work.

I agree with much of the rest of his talk re smart phones/social media as well, but do not see that as a major cause - more a consequence.

1 hour ago, SirDread said:

I would definitely agree we are on a path to a police state with the additional powers given out.  Like most I would have thought on here, I work for a living, pay my taxes, have no criminal record but I cannot be trusted to carry a small folding knife on me because some delinquent decides he wants to take someone else's trainers. Rules put in place by elected officials who themselves cannot generally claim the morale highground. 

Stop and search is a sticky plaster at best over an amputated limb.  Its supposed to be a deterrent for the youth of today and while it does not stop the problem it has proven to have some success and some is better than none.  We need to stop blaming the police for the absolute lack of respect, morals and social cohesion that is becoming a bigger and bigger problem.  You want to know why kids behave like they do , the guy in this video lays it out on a plate.

I'm no fan of the modern police force. In becoming a paramilitary response force, answerable to no one and deciding their own priorities without consulting the people they're supposed to be serving, they've become exactly what parliament most feared during the many years of debate that preceded the founding of the police force in the 19th century. Back then they were 'Citizens in Uniform' and were bound by the Police Charter. All that's been thrown out of course, largely thanks to the new breed of Chief Officers, most of whom are graduates who entered the force straight into management, many being fast tracked to the top and in most cases have never confronted a real criminal. These are people who consider themselves to be members of  an elite group holding an inordinate amount of influence with the pygmies who form governments these days and who know exactly how, through their PCC, to use their lobbying power to bully Home Secretaries and Prime Ministers to get what they want.

Nevertheless, I don't hold the police in any way responsible for the increase in violent crime, nor do I accept that it's anything to do with police budget cuts.

The inescapable reality is that young people from decent homes with parents and grandparents setting a good example and instilling proper values, don't go out and stab people. Instead they get an education and enter the workplace and contribute to society.

That we have an underculture of people wearing the ghetto mentality like a badge, living like outlaws and joining gangs because all too frequently it's the nearest thing in their life to a family, is not the fault of anyone but their own parents (and grandparents).

The rest of us have to see our freedoms curtailed because governments, police and the MSM dare not speak the truth that the only people who can deal with the issue are the people from and of the culture that produces the gang mentality.

Charity begins at home and so does learning how to be a law abiding citizen.