Improving lock.

Scully

38 minutes ago, figgy said:

Buy a little van if you only carry a toolbox and save the defender for more agricultural country sports tasks.

Sorry, had forgotten about this thread! I was thinking similar, but it’s my work vehicle as self employed. 

I inspected lock studs and there is a little adjustment left in them, but think I’ll go for spacers. 

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Sorry, had forgotten about this thread! I was thinking similar, but it’s my work vehicle as self employed. 

I inspected lock studs and there is a little adjustment left in them, but think I’ll go for spacers. 

a little adjustment = a lot of lock....try it first...i have a old 90 with big wheels and it has a turing circle of a car nearly...

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

a little adjustment = a lot of lock....try it first...i have a old 90 with big wheels and it has a turing circle of a car nearly...

I probably will try it first Ditchman. There is about 10 to 15mm left on adjustment. My 90 has a good turning circle also but the 110 is dire. I just like that wide squat look to be honest. Thanks, and thanks to everyone else for advice.  

Edited by Scully

a lot of lr  lock adjustment is down to the angles of the cv joint in hub which does not  make wheel spacers get round any faster 20 or 30 mm wider the angle does not change same turning circle  one of the joys of any 4x4 ya need room but with wheel spacers the stance looks masculine but the top and bottom hub bushes really take a beating dew to the excessive  load of the wheels further offset