SemI auto lubrication

B725

As I have ventured into the dark side of using a semi and reading about oiling the gun does anybody use dri slide or similar. When applied it dries so therefore the weather and other elements should not affect any of the moving parts20180427_161519.jpg.2ffad2d7b0b3c97eda37351f05b2a54f.jpg

53 minutes ago, figgy said:

I been using the WD40 version of dry lube on my semi autos for a few years now. Trouble is I still like to put one drop of oil on each rail, belt and braces. 

I think that a fingerprint of oil on each slide rail is fundamental metal/metal lubrication, I use the mineral oil for my Harley, The tube, piston etc., just the residue from cleaning/wiping down, ie virtually dry. have seen so many auto guns with oil/carbon paste gumming up the works

Guest stevo
1 hour ago, impala59 said:

I think that a fingerprint of oil on each slide rail is fundamental metal/metal lubrication, I use the mineral oil for my Harley, The tube, piston etc., just the residue from cleaning/wiping down, ie virtually dry. have seen so many auto guns with oil/carbon paste gumming up the works

This ☝️ 

2 hours ago, impala59 said:

yup ....go with that..............i do use a puff of grafite powder on the slide of my old a303...........oil is okay for storage............

Ditchman I was using graphite powder and was told on here it’s not good with the alloy. 

I use a drop of mobil1 engine oil. In the slide rails then push the bolt carrier back in.  Never had a problem yet with grit or grime as not enough oil for it to stick to. 

Edited by figgy