New parents

team tractor

My little one is just over 3 weeks old now and I’d forgotten how much of a killer it is. I’m so tired and no sign of a proper nights sleep to come yet.

mrs tt is superb but I’m trying to help her when I can as she’s wearing down slowly.

off to work again ?.

i think the settee is calling me this afternoon for a few hours but my 3 year old left nursery with chickenpox yesterday so we have to keep them separate as it’s hospital if he gets it due to his age.

being a parent is hard work .

plus side is planning our wedding for next may. Church booked :) 

Edited by team tractor

I have to say that my Elsie has been a diamond. From the beginning she was waking up every 3-4 hrs but didn’t disturb me really.  She’s 3 months old now and has slept through the night since 9 weeks so can’t moan at all.

Where work has been slower I’ve been at home more and has been nice but definitely keeps you on your toes. My 3 yr old is a lot harder work! She can be a bloody nightmare. 

Going to work is a holiday. Has made me realise how well the mrs does though. 

Mrs has got to go out for 3-4 hours today so I’ve got them on my own ??

Edited by winnie&bezza

9 minutes ago, winnie&bezza said:

I have to say that my Elsie has been a diamond. From the beginning she was waking up every 3-4 hrs but didn’t disturb me really.  She’s 3 months old now and has slept through the night since 9 weeks so can’t moan at all.

Where work has been slower I’ve been at home more and has been nice but definitely keeps you on your toes. My 3 yr old is a lot harder work! She can be a bloody nightmare. 

Going to work is a holiday. Has made me realise how well the mrs does though. 

Mrs has got to go out for 3-4 hours today so I’ve got them on my own ??

I’m working all day but I know it’ll be a killer today. Bathroom to finish for a customer, customers coming to the showroom, tyre to get fixed first .

Just now, winnie&bezza said:

Here’s trouble 

ADEFB3C1-0789-44C4-830E-160AF8701B1A.jpeg

Ha :) new apprentice 

34 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I’m working all day but I know it’ll be a killer today. Bathroom to finish for a customer, customers coming to the showroom, tyre to get fixed first .

Ha  new apprentice 

Brilliant! ?

19 minutes ago, Ollieollie said:

As you know tt I’m in a very similar position to yourself

my kids are 1 month, 2 yrs and 4yrs. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t tired

I know where you’re coming from. I worked shifts when my youngest was little; used to come in off a 12 hour night shift and creep upstairs and lift her out of bed to change, feed, wind, and change again so OH could have a bit more sleep. 

I got to loathe with a passion the steriliser ( as OH couldn’t breat feed ) and every cup of tea I made was cold before I got to taste it! Well worth it though.

Kids are the best thing that can happen to you. Have fun. ?

Nath

We know exactly where your coming from, although mine are a bit older the nightly visits into our bed by one or other means I haven’t slept a full night in our bed since we moved back to the UK- doesn’t help that most of my working week is spent in various hotels and either on lates or earlies

Chickenpox, funny you should mention it as we had the Phone Call from Nursery to collect him yesterday as it seems several of them have gone down with it ( not surprised as one mother sent her child back with visible pustules on her child’s face dotted in among the scabs) 

3 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Customers pregnant so can’t go in with chickenpox in our household .

spent money and earning nothing lol

We were told this was why we had to pick our son up, yet. The child with obvious Chickenpox remained until the early afternoon until he chucked up all over the nursery? Our boy on the other hand has one spot which most likely has arisen from leaving sticky lollipops over his face too long- grubby urchin that he is, or are we just bad parents for letting them play outside in the dirt and eating a lollipop that gets covered in grass clipping when dropped ( five second rule kids :-) ) 

Anyway, been awake since just after four and now about to start an eleven hour duty day, grrrrrr

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Brilliant! ?

I know where you’re coming from. I worked shifts when my youngest was little; used to come in off a 12 hour night shift and creep upstairs and lift her out of bed to change, feed, wind, and change again so OH could have a bit more sleep. 

I got to loathe with a passion the steriliser ( as OH couldn’t breat feed ) and every cup of tea I made was cold before I got to taste it! Well worth it though.

Kids are the best thing that can happen to you. Have fun. ?

Sterilising is a real bore but thank god for the bottle preparer ?? Best thing in the world haha. 

Certainly best thing in the world. Extreme worry with it though. 

13 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Customers pregnant so can’t go in with chickenpox in our household .

spent money and earning nothing lol

Van had MOT 2 weeks ago and £380 later ? could of done without that 

27 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

We were told this was why we had to pick our son up, yet. The child with obvious Chickenpox remained until the early afternoon until he chucked up all over the nursery? Our boy on the other hand has one spot which most likely has arisen from leaving sticky lollipops over his face too long- grubby urchin that he is, or are we just bad parents for letting them play outside in the dirt and eating a lollipop that gets covered in grass clipping when dropped ( five second rule kids :-) ) 

Anyway, been awake since just after four and now about to start an eleven hour duty day, grrrrrr

Enjoy :) 

my daughter plays with worms in the garden . I love them getting dirty

22 minutes ago, winnie&bezza said:

Sterilising is a real bore but thank god for the bottle preparer ?? Best thing in the world haha. 

My van goes in next week for a service £260 and the stop start has stopped working but it’s under warranty 

11 hours ago, Scully said:

That’s another one! I loved our kids climbing into ‘the big bed’ in the wee small hours, to snuggle up. ?

Make the most of it and take the time to savour as much as you can, because it will go in the blink of an eye. You can’t get any of it back. 

I agree scully I love them sneaking into bed, I’m aware that it’s imperative to enjoy them while you can!! And I do! 

10 hours ago, winnie&bezza said:

9 hours ago, team tractor said:

Enjoy  

my daughter plays with worms in the garden . I love them getting dirty

My van goes in next week for a service £260 and the stop start has stopped working but it’s under warranty 

Child’s play(pun int.), I have a power steering issue in my tranny custom and it’s up to £520 in parts alone so far, where’s the noose??

1 minute ago, team tractor said:

36 but started at 24. 

Why would you want to put it off ? It’s the best thing ever plus who wants to be an old dad. I feel old starting again but mrs tt is only 24 still

I hope not when i look at when you started :lol:

9 hours ago, team tractor said:

36 but started at 24. 

Why would you want to put it off ? It’s the best thing ever plus who wants to be an old dad. I feel old starting again but mrs tt is only 24 still . 

That is probably my biggest regret leaving it too late, I'm 41 and number 2 due in three weeks, number 1 is three, and it is the best thing ever. Plus you can use the "I need to get a .410...." excuse, every cloud and all that

49 minutes ago, button said:

That is probably my biggest regret leaving it too late, I'm 41 and number 2 due in three weeks, number 1 is three, and it is the best thing ever. Plus you can use the "I need to get a .410...." excuse, every cloud and all that

On the other hand I’m an older dad for the last one and feel more grown up. 

I bought a 410 off wabbitbosher but now need a 9mm for the youngest :) 

Edited by team tractor