New parents

team tractor

2 hours ago, team tractor said:

3 minutes ago, rimfire4969 said:

My kids are are a lot older. 20, 18 and 13. I went around a friends house the other day and they have a new born. I had forgottern the gaunt, vacant look on new parents faces.

Having the kids was the best thing we ever done, despite the constant worry, cost, frustration and arguments.

Gaunt vacant look ?

Edited by winnie&bezza

I'm similar to you guys 41 kids are nearly 7&4 i would have liked to have started earlier but you don't realise that till your older, we enjoyed being able to come and go as we liked.

I escaped yesterday up to Carlisle for the day rugby festival and beer ? staggered in about 11

9 hours ago, getthegat said:

I don't think any of my 3 boys slept a full night till they started school, me and the now ex missus were wrecked for years. 30 odd years later they still give me sleepless nights,??

I'm 43 with a 3 year old and completely understand what you are saying. As for the Mrs now being an ex-Mrs, I get that too. 

I was 38 when our first was born, and had six months earlier been given a letter of redundancy from the place where all the staff expected to retire from,  as generations of their forefathers had. I was forty when my son was born and self employed. Stress? What stress? ?

Turned 30 in July last year and had my first boy born in August. I agree with the above, everyday gets a bit easier. Thinking back to the first 4 months I remember feeling like a zombie, but now we seem to be in a good routine and he’s sleeping through most nights which is the real blessing.  

You know what they say, parenting does not come with a manual, you make it up as you go along. We all make mistakes, we learn and we becoming a family. We're all individuals and it's easy to feel like Jonny or Jenny's dad, rather than yourself, but being a mum or dad is a proud responsibility, all any of us can do is our best and enjoy the ride, where ever it takes us. Enjoy your kids, all; they grow up so God darn fast.