My new toy

Ttfjlc

Afternoon, well after having sold my Xtrail this morning within the hour I was at Range and Country in Sleaford, px'd my HMR for this .177 ProSport. Had my eye on it for a couple of weeks hoping it'd still be there for when I had the funds ready, I did look at a HW97 but SWMBO said she didn't like it and preferred the Prosport. :good:

20180428_150414-3984x2241.jpg

Guest stevo

That’s a cracker , I always fancied one of them ?

there one of those rifles you really need to have in your hands to appreciate what you have . 

Nice buy , be interested to see what it’s like on paper . 

2 minutes ago, stevo said:

That’s a cracker , I always fancied one of them ?

there one of those rifles you really need to have in your hands to appreciate what you have . 

Nice buy , be interested to see what it’s like on paper . 

Cheers Stevo, trust me you know you're holding it! :lol: couldn't quite believe just how heavy it would be, I can't wait to start paper punching with it but might not be this week going by the weather. 

Cheers mate, I can see why people like them, the chequering is gorgeous, I went a bit gun snobbish as there was also a tx200 hiding in the racks for half the price but it had a few too many scratches on the beech stock for my liking. They have nice lighting in that shop as the walnut stock on the Prosport really stood out and I was hooked! They're opening their own air rifle club hopefully by June just outside North Rauceby, they've said to keep an eye out for updates on their Facebook page. :good:

Guest stevo
5 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

Cheers mate, I can see why people like them, the chequering is gorgeous, I went a bit gun snobbish as there was also a tx200 hiding in the racks for half the price but it had a few too many scratches on the beech stock for my liking. They have nice lighting in that shop as the walnut stock on the Prosport really stood out and I was hooked! They're opening their own air rifle club hopefully by June just outside North Rauceby, they've said to keep an eye out for updates on their Facebook page. :good:

I think you spent your money well there , that’s just what I mean you need to have it in your hands just to see how well there put together. Be nice if there was a air rifle club start up , be fairly localish to me as well , be good to have an excuse to get myself a nice old springer or maybe a posh gas ram . Saw a beautiful theoben sorocco the other day with a kassnar 3x9 x40 wide angle scope on it , all original too 

the scope was the one the had the rectangular front objective lens . 

If you wouldn’t  mind can you keep me posted about the club . 

27 minutes ago, winnie&bezza said:

You made the right choice??  Put up grouping pics etc if you can. Have you had any airguns that you can compare it to as I’d like to know how good it actually is.

The only thing I don’t like about them is the aluminum underlever being so bright.

Thanks, I already own an S400 .22 pcp, my dad has a vortek tuned hw35 that is lovely to shoot. Like I say the lighting was good in the shop as it was as if 'Buy me you fool' was etched on to the underlever. :lol:

29 minutes ago, stevo said:

I think you spent your money well there , that’s just what I mean you need to have it in your hands just to see how well there put together. Be nice if there was a air rifle club start up , be fairly localish to me as well , be good to have an excuse to get myself a nice old springer or maybe a posh gas ram . Saw a beautiful theoben sorocco the other day with a kassnar 3x9 x40 wide angle scope on it , all original too 

the scope was the one the had the rectangular front objective lens . 

If you wouldn’t  mind can you keep me posted about the club . 

Ooh my mate has a theoben and I know what you mean about the looks, hopefully it should be a good club, the chap was saying today they're looking to have a plinking range as well as an HFT course. I asked would their be benches to shoot from as I'll need something to rest the Prosport on. :lol: 

The reason I went for the Prosport was simply because I like the little jolt when firing, went out after branchers 2 or 3 years ago and got far more satisfaction using my dad's tuned Springer than what I did with a pcp. I do love my S400 but can't help but look forward to doing better with a Springer. :good:

What a nice stock you got yourself on that one.

And if you think that's a heavyweight you need a day out with a TX200, ye gods forearms like a blacksmith, but a very accurate tool to have in your armoury.

l hope you enjoy it and never part with it.

2 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

One downside to the Prosport is the occasional "Tutting" noise you get on the range - every time you miss a target and blame the gun you will hear the sound.

???

20 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

One downside to the Prosport is the occasional "Tutting" noise you get on the range - every time you miss a target and blame the gun you will hear the sound.

Nice one Chris :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

What a nice stock you got yourself on that one.

And if you think that's a heavyweight you need a day out with a TX200, ye gods forearms like a blacksmith, but a very accurate tool to have in your armoury.

l hope you enjoy it and never part with it.

Thanks mate, hope I never need a reason to sell it in the future, I keep looking out of the window as I'm keen to get out but don't want water running off it just yet. :lol:

7 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Give the Walnut a good feed and beware of strong smells as the wood will absorb them - my S410 belonged to a smoker and it took near 2 years before the smell disappeared :unhappy:.

I'm hoping it absorbs the smell of victory but realistically it'll just absorb my tears. :lol:

5 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

Thanks, I already own an S400 .22 pcp, my dad has a vortek tuned hw35 that is lovely to shoot. Like I say the lighting was good in the shop as it was as if 'Buy me you fool' was etched on to the underlever. :lol:

I also own a 22 s400 but hard to compare the two. How accurate is the 35?

The light led you well ?

2 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

I remember reading air gunner back in the day and always wanting this gun and a rapid 7 mk1. I'm slighty jealous :)

And I'm slightly anxious at the prospect of not firing it for a few days because of this weather! :lol:

9 minutes ago, winnie&bezza said:

I also own a 22 s400 but hard to compare the two. How accurate is the 35?

The light led you well ?

It's accuracy is pretty good in my hands but I'm no Pro, when my eldest lad was 6 he bugged me to have a mini contest with it so it took all of 10 minutes to convince me! Set up 2 targets, 5 pellets each max score 50, I was pleased with 38 but was staggered and proud when I counted 44 for my lad! After the Vortek tune my first shot was at a rook at 35 yards, dropped stone dead. When the weather improves I'll do some side by side paper punching with both guns and post the results. :good:

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all, hopefully the pictures come out ok after being compressed, well all I can say about the Prosport is I love it, been trying to shoot it as much as possible and to start with I realised how much I'd gotten used to shooting a PCP. The 2 30 yard targets I shot prone, it was quite breezy and thought I did ok, my main problem shooting lying down was battling my larger than average gut. ?

After watching a YouTube clip about the artillery hold I had another go tonight, again another breezy evening but placed a plank of wood over an old trampoline and rested my hand on a cushion shooting from the kneeling position at a target 40 yards away. Pulled 2 shots each with both brands but starting to see that my Prosport prefers the JSBs. Plenty of room for improvement but enjoying it nonetheless. ? 

20180524_200626-1494x2656.jpg

20180524_200405-1195x2124.jpg

20180524_200157-1494x2656.jpg

Nice rifle, but as said if you think it's heavy, then try a TX200. Carried mine back from the blind to the Land Rover this afternoon and I swear my right arm is now an inch longer than the left.

However, I'm no expert but find the weight certainly helps stabilize a springer. I know the TX200  hardly moves when fired and that rifle looks very similar in build.