Give and take.

JDog

We are in the Cotswolds for a few days. On Thursday we travelled to Hereford Cathedral to see the Mappa Mundi and yesterday it was the delights of Bath Spa followed by the theatre.

Today my wife wanted to see an art exhibition and then catch up with an old friend. That meant that I had a free day, so shooting it was just for a change.

It was clear that I was a few days late for the drillings I looked at with no grain on top. Several poor rape fields were options but I chose to do what no self respecting pigeon shooter should ever do and I went to an old favourite field of old drillings with very little activity and set up on a long estabished line.

Matters were quiet for an hour then three weak lines became operational and I began to shoot a few corvids  then a few pigeons and when there was a decent pattern made up of dead birds then both species decoyed well.

Just as I made the decision to pack up one last pigeon headed my way and I shot it. That was the 65th pigeon and together with 35 corvids I just made 100 birds picked.

Wyck_Rissington_1.jpg

Wyck_Rissington_2.jpg

Edited by JDog