Westlands

Scully

Syndicate had a day out today at the above ground and a cracking day was enjoyed by all. The tower beat all of us for the most part, but with guns choked for game it wasn't a surprise. The rabbits were good and we had our first go at skeet, which we thoroughly enjoyed. 

Only downside ( and it's only a minor one ) is that a couple of traps kept playing up and there wasn't enough staff doing the rounds to ensure all were running as they should be.

Everyone was exceptionally friendly and welcoming and the burgers, chips and coffee were great. We will definitely be going again. 

If pushed I would say Crabtree had the more challenging targets of the two. 

We love going there, its just it is a 180 mile round trip. Ah the high tower:lol: need about 30 foot lead. We dont shoot it much .some nice stands . The one of the last stands before the skeet , were you go up some wooden steps is fun . They had one of those tiny clays do they call them cherries  that little thing goes and shoots straight up into the air then on the double that one goes of to the left between the trees is nice. They have thrown some money into the ground , with those cabins and static caravan. I belive the owner also owns a caravan site over towards the boarders Jedburgh way .

Yes. The stand up the steps was one of my best stands with only dropping one. There is a mini ( a Cooper S I think ) going straight away and a standard quartering to the left. Both start from underneath your feet. 

I don’t know how many stands there are but there  must be well over 20; we didn’t do them all, but returned ro the tower on the way back also. Didn’t fair any better though. The lad who faired best had in 3/4 and full, but the one ( ? ) I hit with half was well hit.

The lass in the clubhouse told us they have people coming just for the tower prior to high bird days in season. 

The owner has indeed sunk a lot of money into this ground, and there are plans to replace the existing clubhouse with a proper restaurant and bar.  

We resisted getting golf buggies as it would have just turned into a race and someone would have turned one over or driven into the fishing pond!