Annoying TV Advertisements

Old Boggy

Now I know that this topic has been aired before, but advertisements change and whilst some such as the Specsaver ones are invariably pretty good there are currently some really annoying ones. The previously annoying Gocompare advert somehow has become not quite so irksome.

However, the ones I find unbearable is Barry Scott and his latest damned Cillit Bang advert and the one with two ladies (at least I think that they are the same person possibly female, but not too sure) advertising Safeglaze.

Anyone else have a least favourable or disliked advert ?

OB

Adverts on TV must work or firms would not spend thousands of pounds , but its very, very  rare they work on me. Or maybe they never cover products that have any interest for me, though being single I do use the products many housewives also use , food , cleaning products ect. If I am looking for something small adds in magazines are  a far more effective way of catching my attention. What does annoy me a little is when an advert appears and at the end of it you have no idea what product it was supposed to be promoting? Seems a big waste of money and my time waiting for the program I am watching to come on.

Edited by anser2

Those 2 Dorises who sung tuneless songs on the Nationwide advert. There were so many complaints they took them off, thank God. 

And don't mention Dilly-dilly!. What on earth does medieval England have to with modern American beer? Dilly-dilly!

3 minutes ago, walshie said:

Those 2 Dorises who sung tuneless songs on the Nationwide advert. There were so many complaints they took them off, thank God. 

And don't mention Dilly-dilly!. What on earth does medieval England have to with modern American beer? Dilly-dilly!

Those passed me by ..... fortunately

27 minutes ago, walshie said:

also they had death threats:sad1:

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

Now I know that this topic has been aired before, but advertisements change and whilst some such as the Specsaver ones are invariably pretty good there are currently some really annoying ones. The previously annoying Gocompare advert somehow has become not quite so irksome.

However, the ones I find unbearable is Barry Scott and his latest damned Cillit Bang advert and the one with two ladies (at least I think that they are the same person possibly female, but not too sure) advertising Safeglaze.

Anyone else have a least favourable or disliked advert ?

OB

you need the

adturds website

vent some badverts with like minded people :good::good::good::lol::lol:

Edited by defender
removed direct link

They must be working as you can Remember them . I hate tv adds and record all the programs I want to watch and fast forward them .The only stuff I watch live is sport and how it irritates me the way they squeeze the adds in between the rounds in the boxing and just before kick off in the football . Hate them all .

harnser

10 hours ago, anser2 said:

Adverts on TV must work or firms would not spend thousands of pounds , but its very, very  rare they work on me. Or maybe they never cover products that have any interest for me, though being single I do use the products many housewives also use , food , cleaning products ect. If I am looking for something small adds in magazines are  a far more effective way of catching my attention. What does annoy me a little is when an advert appears and at the end of it you have no idea what product it was supposed to be promoting? Seems a big waste of money and my time waiting for the program I am watching to come on.

Just another "technique" to make it stick in your head until somewhere a trigger makes you remember.

9 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

They maybe carp but we are talking about them so they are working.. Dilly dilly!! 

Yes we are "talking" about them but not positively.

6 hours ago, Harnser said:

They must be working as you can Remember them . I hate tv adds and record all the programs I want to watch and fast forward them .The only stuff I watch live is sport and how it irritates me the way they squeeze the adds in between the rounds in the boxing and just before kick off in the football . Hate them all .

harnser

There must be a very fine line between annoying your possible customers and getting the message across so that they buy your product.

Incidently, the latest Admiral car insurance advert with that obnoxious woman dressed as an admiral refers, not to a fictitious place, but to one just south of Orpington in Kent i.e. ****** Bottom (I expect the name will be edited out anyway !)

OB

5 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Incidently, the latest Admiral car insurance advert with that obnoxious woman dressed as an admiral refers, not to a fictitious place, but to one just south of Orpington in Kent i.e. ****** Bottom (I expect the name will be edited out anyway !)

OB

Yes thought so ! Rhymes with splats (see how we get on with that)

14 hours ago, walshie said:

Please go with Sir Brad who will take you on a tour of the Pit of Misery.

Dilley Dilley.  ?