Annoying TV Advertisements

Old Boggy

My blood boils and I`m compelled to throw things at the telly when one of any number of current adverts come on wherein the narrator speaks in some sort of cod Jamaican patois.

The letter "T" has all but disappered.

"Thing" has befome "Fing", "Ninety nine" is "Nineenine". "Litter" is "Leeah". The lish is endless. Having successfully disposed of the letter "T" these rapists of the Queens English are now attacking the letter "S" which is rapidly becoming an "shh" sound. "Stream" is now "shtream."

Where will it all end I ask you bruv. Know wha I mean, inni?

Edited by mudpatten

1 hour ago, Thunderbird said:

The Money Supermarket ad which I was unfortunate enough to see with that bloke in the blue shorts and the fat guy in the high-viz vest made me feel physically sick. It put me off Money Supermarket (and male hot pants) for life. 

But male hotpants were o.k with you before you saw the ad? :whistling:

The new Halifax one , Sacrilege no one ,I REPEAT NO ONE, should ever ever mess with the Wizard of Oz , bring back Howard, borrow the Bloody Meerkats, But Leave Dorothy, Lion ,Tin man and  Scarecrow ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need a lie down and an aspiprin

2 hours ago, Winston72 said:

The new Halifax one , Sacrilege no one ,I REPEAT NO ONE, should ever ever mess with the Wizard of Oz , bring back Howard, borrow the Bloody Meerkats, But Leave Dorothy, Lion ,Tin man and  Scarecrow ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need a lie down and an aspiprin

You don't have to conform to EVERY stereotype, you know...

Interestingly, I have just returned from another two weeks in Florida buying Mustangs.. Over there the action man advert is run for an entirely different product in usa. Too frightened to risk bringing back shooting stuff over there but most Winchester/Federal/Remington rifle ammo in any calibre  is $15-20 dollars a box and genuine RUGER 10/22 10 shot mags are $15, that's retail in the shopping malls.