Like a virgin

team tractor

Well in 8 hours I’ll be taking a trip to my old field target club with my walther LGU .177

its been at least 5-6 years since I shot there  and I’m nervous.

ive been shooting out to 500 yards with the 243 but now the thought of 5-55 yards I’m really excited.

ive yet to use my gun over 10 yards since buying it a year ago but I’ll see if I can still keep up .

13 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Well I managed 11 out of 30 but I hit the plates on them all.

my scopes creeped so need to come off but I’m happy for guessing all the ranges 5-55 yards. 

The lgu was great but my scopes tat.

Main thing is you went out and had a go, I take it you enjoyed yourself? I can't wait for a new club opening soon as I'll be going as much as I can. :good:

2 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

The LGU has a series of holes in the cylinder surely - you just need to pop an arrester pin thru the rear mount. IF you had bought a Prosport you wouldn't have any problems with harsh recoil now would you? :whistling::friends:

The Airarms Jedi Master has spoken. :lol::good:

27 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

The LGU has a series of holes in the cylinder surely - you just need to pop an arrester pin thru the rear mount. IF you had bought a Prosport you wouldn't have any problems with harsh recoil now would you? :whistling::friends:

The recoil is low but I think I was rushing putting the scope on. I thought I’d used the pin in the chamber but I’ll know in a minute when I strip it. 

30 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

Main thing is you went out and had a go, I take it you enjoyed yourself? I can't wait for a new club opening soon as I'll be going as much as I can. :good:

The Airarms Jedi Master has spoken. :lol::good:

I loved it but I started there 1999 :) 

ive had several mates pass away so the crowd is different and the kit ridiculous now . 

9 minutes ago, team tractor said:

The recoil is low but I think I was rushing putting the scope on. I thought I’d used the pin in the chamber but I’ll know in a minute when I strip it. 

I loved it but I started there 1999  

ive had several mates pass away so the crowd is different and the kit ridiculous now . 

Glad you enjoyed it, funny you should say about the kit, I was watching the FT worlds on youtube, with some of the gear they had, every shot they were tweaking something on the scopes, I was gobsmacked when some of them missed! 

The whole point of HFT is you don't need mega kit to compete. 

I'm currently using a £400 rifle with a scope I got chucked in with a hard case I bought off another forum. 

It's about having a go and enjoying yourself. Bit of banter and a coffee and burger. Im lucky enough to shoot with a couple of chaps way better than me and I learn stuff every week. 

32 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

The whole point of HFT is you don't need mega kit to compete. 

I'm currently using a £400 rifle with a scope I got chucked in with a hard case I bought off another forum. 

It's about having a go and enjoying yourself. Bit of banter and a coffee and burger. Im lucky enough to shoot with a couple of chaps way better than me and I learn stuff every week. 

It’s ft I’m on as that’s all it is at the local club.

ive remembered why I moved on to c/f tho now . 

£400 for a knee rest . 

I competed seriously for a while but still shocked a few today considering my scope was hanging off :) 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

sounds like a fun session ? 

It was :) 

i feel like I’m back to my roots 

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

The LGU has a series of holes in the cylinder surely - you just need to pop an arrester pin thru the rear mount. IF you had bought a Prosport you wouldn't have any problems with harsh recoil now would you? :friends:

Not quite deep enough but they were catching .

all the screws were loose :/ I think I’d not set it up but I still surprised myself 

1CD98116-7717-4E57-991A-7689B89022EB.jpeg

£400 for a knee rest?? Are you having a giraffe.

I've just spent twenty minutes waiting on a baby rat showing itself, spotted it when we got back in, put out some bread its in and quick as a flash, then the wife walks outside :no: she said she forgot I was upstairs.

16 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I've just spent twenty minutes waiting on a baby rat showing itself, spotted it when we got back in, put out some bread its in and quick as a flash, then the wife walks outside :no: she said she forgot I was upstairs.

Been there :) 

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:04, Mice! said:

I've just spent twenty minutes waiting on a baby rat showing itself, spotted it when we got back in, put out some bread its in and quick as a flash, then the wife walks outside she said she forgot I was upstairs.

ha ha got it, like a giant mouse, lad spotted it while we were having tea, him and wife watching it while I ran upstairs, daughter complaining she can't see ?? ? 

8 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Jesus wept TT - you set it too shallow? Not only have you bought the wrong gun but your dexterity is so poor that I worry about you poking your eye out each time you brush your teeth.........:yahoo:.

Lol :) 

Edited by team tractor