Trailer Insurance

billytheghillie

Mine is insured through Walker Midgley who are now part of Towergate but this is as an addition to my vintage tractor policy. I think towergate do separate trailer policies but i have never dealt with them directly but cant say a bad word against Walker Midgley.

Ours is included on the horse's insurance. It probably isnt covered on an unlocked yard, though it would be significantly more distinctive and less valuable than a good five or ten other trailers there. It is probably worth about £1000, would cost more than that to replace, and I think the better half said it adds £35 a year to the insurance policy. 

If you dont mind losing any breakdown cover converting to a nato hitch would make it markedly less pinchable to a passing ***** (and avoid those 'can i borrow your trailer' requests). If you use the thing regularly and want to be able to reasonably quickly grab and go options are a bit limited. We use a simple hitch lock and rely on there being more profitable pickings within a few meters.