franchi affinity

rabbiter

hoping someone could shed some light ,ive got a franchi affinity semi auto,and last time out I found that the carrier isn't going back down into position to push the next shell into the breech,it remains in the up position,but after pressing the side button it goes back down,any ideas guys,its probably something simple that I haven't seen,thanks in advance

Have you stripped and cleaned it recently or since it started happening. I found with my Benelli the odd time with soft shooting loads and if not oiled enough this happened once in a while, will it cycle if you tap the bolt forward ? My gun  was not going through a full cycle sometimes.

19 hours ago, Ian North Wales said:

I have the Affinity and its happened to me a few times, after a good clean it works fine but still feels "sticky" ?

I looked at a new one at the NEC show and it was loads better .... really smooth. Maybe there is an upgraded part we need? 

hello, contact the importer they were very helpful when choosing mine, if something is at fault you can get your RFD where you purchased to return under warranty

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

3 hours ago, rabbiter said:

hoping someone could shed some light ,ive got a franchi affinity semi auto,and last time out I found that the carrier isn't going back down into position to push the next shell into the breech,it remains in the up position,but after pressing the side button it goes back down,any ideas guys,its probably something simple that I haven't seen,thanks in advance

There is allot of affinity’s having problems with this sort of thing, I think there is a part being replaced on them to sort the problem