Where to go on holiday

rimfire4969

We find ourselves at a bit of a turning point. My eldest 2 kids will both be at university next year. So on our family holiday it will be just my youngest (14) by then and my wife and I. We will be going away at Easter next year and looking at 3 weeks. We are fairly well traveled and in the last few years done Cuba, Dom Rep, Antigua and Florida a couple of times. We are stumped of where to go next. I quite fancy a fly drive in California and Nevada or Canada. Problem with Canada as its still very cold in April. Maybe the other direction and head for Thailand or Sri Lanka.

We are extremely lucky to have the holidays we do. 

Any thoughts of where we should go next? 

Just now, team tractor said:

I’ve had holidays in Morocco, Italy, Spain , France , lanzorote , etc but I really do love camping in the uk. 

Camping in the UK is fantastic I think everyone should do it. Especially in Cornwal at a great site I know.

1 hour ago, Ollieollie said:

Devon?

Wash your mouth out. 

1 hour ago, rimfire4969 said:

We find ourselves at a bit of a turning point. My eldest 2 kids will both be at university next year. So on our family holiday it will be just my youngest (14) by then and my wife and I. We will be going away at Easter next year and looking at 3 weeks. We are fairly well traveled and in the last few years done Cuba, Dom Rep, Antigua and Florida a couple of times. We are stumped of where to go next. I quite fancy a fly drive in California and Nevada or Canada. Problem with Canada as its still very cold in April. Maybe the other direction and head for Thailand or Sri Lanka.

We are extremely lucky to have the holidays we do. 

Any thoughts of where we should go next? 

Singapore.  Down to Newton Circus Large Tiger beer plate of Curry Puffs sit back and watch the world go by.

14 minutes ago, rimfire4969 said:

Hold on I’ve got a holiday to pay for!!!

I flew into Kuala Lumpur and stayed in town for two nights then to the Berjaya lankawi for 7 nights in a premier rainforest chalet then to tangjang aru in kote Kinabalu and had 14 nights in the Kinabalu wing sea facing with Kinabalu club   The Kinabalu club costs a bit more but gives you private concierge /check in / seperate dining etc well worth it if you use all the freebies that come with it  there are a few protected islands you can spend the day lazing around / snorkelling over the coral reef and the boat leaves hourly from the hotel go meet the local headhunters etc so much to do day trips to sepilok orangutan sanctuary ooooow you are making me want to go back and I have been twice already

Sister did the whole Gambia safari thing said it was amazing ,elephunts giraffes and lions with big teeth n bad breath ,but there was a much wildlife in the straw roof of their hut .Spiders the size of hubcaps and snakesss ,not my cuppa tea ,would prefer route 66 hire a Harley take 3 weeks see the real Merica atb and enjoy whatever u decide 

11 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

Go to Lankawi in Malaysia for a week then to Kota Kinabalu in Borneo  fantastic wildlife and the Malaysians love the English plenty of trips beaches etc you will not be disappointed. Rob

Agreed. Not a part of the world I would have first thought of as a holiday destination but our younger lad lives and works in Singapore so we visit him then branch out in the region.

Amazing destinations and cultures. Last year from Singapore we did Malacca by bus, then up to KL, then across to Borneo jungle experience. You can plot it all yourself. We use Air Asia out there, they have their own hub in KL( they make easyjet and Ryanair look like rank amateurs). Judith, in New Borneo Tours can tailor standard packages.  Or try south to the north of Burma, now that was a great experience. We booked local agent. Can forward details if interested. PM me your email.

And, you get more for your bucks by DIY and local agents.

Fly into Denver hire a nice comfy car and then drive down through Colorado into New Mexico across to Texas, Hill Country, Fredericksburg, end up at Buda, just south of Austin, spend a day in Cabela's there and then fly out of Austin.    Call in at Roswell and soak up the 'extraterrestrial' scene on the way through New Mexico.

If you don't want to spend a fortune then book a flight out of Stanstead with EasyJet to Slovenia ..as little as £60 return ... hire a car and tour around one of the most beautiful countries in southern Europe.  Even stop off for a day and go shoot a wild boar, roe buck, red deer, mouflon, chamois ...your choice...call me for a connection ..... country hotels are very reasonable and the food is good.  If you enjoy fly fishing then it is a place you need to fish before you die.

By all means call me if you need further info.

Last year we took the train (Amtrack) from Chicago to San Francisco ,with a stoppover in Denver, good food, nice little cabinette with bunk beds great scenery,great service, (meals brought to our cabin),3,500 miles, over the rockies & arrived 20 minutes late!