Crows

Bigbob

As i drive into town there's a new housing estate built on farm land i used to shoot there's one big tree  it was great for decoying pigeons under now there's a great big crows nest in it nearly in someones back garden .

Then every morning just now i take the dogs round a old opencast that's been filled in and just planted up with 1000s of willow and sitka trees there's one old tree they left standing and this morning a crow lifted from a nest there , there like cockroaches they will survive anywhere 

Theyre very clever ,sit in the car engine running they land all around ,open the door a crack and theyre gone in seconds ,or walk around empty handed they ignore you but anything in your hands and they wont come anywhere near .

Two weeks ago on that hot Thursday evening, one of the wifes Fischer's Lovebirds opened it's cage door and flew out the open patio doors, between two adjacent houses and came down on a grassed area. It passed me as I came out of the kitchen carrying cups of tea. I ran around the area of grass to find a Crow standing over the Lovebird and with a sledgehammer blow of it's beak it killed the bird which let out a piercing screech, picked it up and flew onto a nearby roof, where it's mate joined it to split the Lovebird it two, before swallowing it.

I shall have my vengeance!!!!

Edited by Penelope

I've been running a couple of larsens for a few weeks now, and have picked up 28 magpies and 18 crows to date. But this still didn't stop two pheasant nests being raided in the last week. Not seeing many magpies now, but there are any amount of crows still...