Hw 97k

Rst1990

yes................

i have an old HW 77...only ever been serviced not souped up...and will print 10mm groups at 25m...........tune the trigger and choose the right pellet...and maybe fit a heavy moderator...to flattern the recoil...

ps....im not a gunsmith or a crack shot...so i might be talking a load of tripe...this is just my opinion..:good:

Edited by ditchman

No i have a new 97k and due to the hideous twang put a Welsh willy kit in ,now 10.3lb/ft Twanggg is a constant 11.6 smooth as u like .Do it you wont regret it .40m all day Pigeons ,rats squizzers and even paper .

The auto safety annoyed me so i fitted the big brass button 1 for quicker use <sausage fingers me> and on the bay of evil you can snazz it up with brass trigger guard ,screws etc and a variety of different sling swivel options if wanted .Theyre a great rifle and fun to use .Loads of how to strip down videos on you tube and if you go on Hunters vermin channel he uses 1 for loads of different pest control well worth a "dander " as he calls it atb

Edited by clakk

I bought a 77 Laminate last year which is mechanically a 97. These rifles  don't seem to shoot well straight out of the box
they need a bit of tweaking. Mine had a lot of trigger creep and too much weight on the second trigger stage.
Easy to sort out with the two screws under the trigger block. Other problem was spring twang.
Fitted a TinBum drop in conversion (uses existing spring) and this changed the rifle from having a springy noisy twang to a subdued thud.

Rifle now shoots superb but the mod slightly increased the muzzle velocity so watch your energy levels if you decide to tune.

Well the v Mach kit has arrived in the post just waiting on the chrono to arrive before fitting the kit, so I can keep the rifle all legal.

i shall see how it all performs once installed and will report back. Just hope It takes that god awful twang away and reduces the recoil abit accuracy wise I’m happy with.

thanks for your replies :good: