Gun trader

They have changed the layout & search facility, again. Just got used to the last version & they go and change again. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits & crotch.

I managed to find a particular make & model this morning but I had to keep selecting and then going back to the search box before it filtered out what I didnt want. To me it appeared to be a backward step. I suppose after more use it will become clearer but it took me longer to find what I wanted than the old layout.

Cannot make head nor tail of it and I`ve told them so. I`ve said that their new format will do wonders for Gunstar and others sites.

However, I did get the courtesy of the following reply, which I found as confusing as the new format !!

"Dear xxxxx

We have been working on this latest update to Guntrader after changes in the way Google examines websites popularity and therefore how it positions them in results. Because of this we had to develop our usability on mobile and tablet versions. From experience I know that no matter how well we test a new version of the website there will always be teething issues when it`s launched and I apologise that you have experienced these errors.

Kind Regards

Anthony "

So that`s OK then !!

1 hour ago, countryman said:

What's happened to gun trader. Looks like they have changed it again but I can not search any guns, it just goes blank.

Hi countryman, sorry you are experiencing problems. We are currently working on this issue now and should have an update shortly. The issue is with older versions of Safari, if you update to the latest version or use a different Browser you will not experience this issue. I will let you know once we have resolved this issue!

1 hour ago, JJsDad said:

They have changed the layout & search facility, again. Just got used to the last version & they go and change again. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits & crotch.

I managed to find a particular make & model this morning but I had to keep selecting and then going back to the search box before it filtered out what I didnt want. To me it appeared to be a backward step. I suppose after more use it will become clearer but it took me longer to find what I wanted than the old layout.

Hi JJsDad, we better get ordering some Frontline then!  The update was due to our site not performing correctly on mobile and tablet devices. You should be able to use the Gun Search which still works in the same way (choosing Type, Mechanism then Calibre) or by using the quick search from the home page (choosing either Type, Price range or Make) .

Once you have your results you can filter the results, on large screens these are down the side and on mobile these are at the bottom. Once you have selected the filters you require you will then have to apply them this will show you the results matching your search.

Don't forget if you have an account with us you can save these searches to your account making it quicker to search next time!

I hope this helps, if there is anything else we can do please get in contact, help@guntrader.uk or 01666 575 272.

27 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Cannot make head nor tail of it and I`ve told them so. I`ve said that their new format will do wonders for Gunstar and others sites.

However, I did get the courtesy of the following reply, which I found as confusing as the new format !!

"Dear xxxxx

We have been working on this latest update to Guntrader after changes in the way Google examines websites popularity and therefore how it positions them in results. Because of this we had to develop our usability on mobile and tablet versions. From experience I know that no matter how well we test a new version of the website there will always be teething issues when it`s launched and I apologise that you have experienced these errors.

Kind Regards

Anthony "

So that`s OK then !!

Hi OldBoggy, I am sorry you don't like the upgrade and I'm very sorry if we have pushed you such that you have to visit gunstar, we wouldn't wish that on our worst enemy.

I will try to expand, the latest updates are in reaction to a new google algorithm that punishes any website that is not fully mobile friendly. To carry on coming at the top of the results for google and other browsers we had to carry out these changes.

I know these changes don't always get the best reaction from our regular users, but if we do nothing we risk disappearing all together. We at guntrader are a small team (three) located in the Cotswolds, unlike gunstar, who are part of Friday ad group (selling pigeons to boats), we are solely committed to the gun trade and always have been. We are committed to creating a service that helps our customers find buy and sell guns and that we are proud of. I urge you to bear with us whilst we resolve these teething issues as I am confident that the latest changes will result in a much improved system.

As i said earlier, if there are any issues you find or there is something that you think we can improve, please do not hesitate to contact me help@guntrader.uk or 01666 575 272. I look forward to hearing from you!

Anthony

37 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

"If there's anything else we can do".....YES - PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS......IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT, it's now pants.

Hi bruno22rf, it's not broken today but it will be penalised by google and others if we hadn't made the changes now. And if that happens we will disappear...  Anthony

Hi Guys, thank you for your feedback, i'm happy to answer any questions and resolve any issues you have with the site.

16 minutes ago, figgy said:

Fair play  Anthonyguntrader coming on here and putting up the issues and reasons why. Hope it all goes well and is ironed out soon.

3 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

Thank you for taking time to explain and answer folks concerns.

I remember the hullabaloo when Pigeonwatch changed format. Sure most folk have got used to it now....

13 minutes ago, Swinton said:

Just been on gun trader.looks ok it’s drop down boxes simple to use 

11 minutes ago, Seadog1408 said:

Blank page for me except for the headers, no search option either. (Safari, iPad 2)

Hi Seadog1408 sorry you are experiencing problems. We are currently working on this issue now and should have an update shortly. The issue is with older versions of Safari, if you update to the latest version or use a different Browser preferably chrome you will not experience this issue. I will let you know once we have resolved this issue!

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

The calibres and makers name boxes drop down and when pressed a Red Cross appears in the box but nowt happens? I'm on an iPad!

Hi Panoma1, Have you clicked "Apply Filters"?

3 minutes ago, Seadog1408 said:

Hi Anthony, version 9.3.5 is the newest I can get on my iPad for safari.

Hi Seadog1408 , We are trying to resolve the issue now but have been struggling to emulate the issue on our apple devices, i hope to have it resolved tonight, tomorrow morning latest! Have you tried using google Chrome? 

2 hours ago, Anthonyguntrader said:

Hi JJsDad, we better get ordering some Frontline then! 

Hi Anthony. Well at least despite the moans & groans and the odd congratulation you have got a sense of humour. Thanks for bothering to explain, like all upgrades I am sure we will get used to it. As for `Gunstar`; forget it, their search facility is primitive & I watched with amusement when they got a legal kicking.