Gun trader

51 minutes ago, Swinton said:

Why is there no South Yorkshire in the county drop down box .there is east and north .and west 

Hi Swinton, It will only display South Yorkshire if there are guns for sale in that area, otherwise it will be hidden. If you are logged in the county filter will change to a distance filter based on your postcode, this may provide better results if you are in a border region. Anthony

16 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Hi Anthony. Well at least despite the moans & groans and the odd congratulation you have got a sense of humour. Thanks for bothering to explain, like all upgrades I am sure we will get used to it. As for `Gunstar`; forget it, their search facility is primitive & I watched with amusement when they got a legal kicking.

Cheers, It did make me laugh! 

Something that appears to be a common theme is that people are not clicking Apply Filters once they have made their selection, as a result we will look to automate this ASAP. But in the meantime once you have selected the make or model you are looking for please be sure to apply the filters, a button at the top of the list of filters. 

Issues that we know of are:

1. Viewing guntrader on older versions of Safari, we are working on a solution now. in the meantime try updating Safari. or using another browser, preferably Chrome.

2.Boxes for the models are too small for many models, we are looking to enlarge these to show more info.

There are a lot of other tweaks we are making to fix smaller issues, if you think there is something we need to give attention please fire it over, either here or to help@guntrader.uk

Anthony

The latest os for iPad is 11.3.1. Downloaded it today .if you have a old iPad they will not update .i have a apple phone that will not update .

they only update them for so long .

The site works perfectly well for me .it is better than the old version and quicker .press the boxes and click apply filters 

what can be simpler.i think its down to people don’t like change .they want you to keep buying the latest apple iPad/phone ect 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Swinton said:

The latest os for iPad is 11.3.1. Downloaded it today .if you have a old iPad they will not update .i have a apple phone that will not update .

they only update them for so long .

Hi Swinton, Yes some older apple devices wont update, the problem we always have is emulating older versions of safari ... We'll find the issue soon. I think we could make it clearer ffor people...

2 hours ago, Anthonyguntrader said:

Hi OldBoggy, I am sorry you don't like the upgrade and I'm very sorry if we have pushed you such that you have to visit gunstar, we wouldn't wish that on our worst enemy.

I will try to expand, the latest updates are in reaction to a new google algorithm that punishes any website that is not fully mobile friendly. To carry on coming at the top of the results for google and other browsers we had to carry out these changes.

I know these changes don't always get the best reaction from our regular users, but if we do nothing we risk disappearing all together. We at guntrader are a small team (three) located in the Cotswolds, unlike gunstar, who are part of Friday ad group (selling pigeons to boats), we are solely committed to the gun trade and always have been. We are committed to creating a service that helps our customers find buy and sell guns and that we are proud of. I urge you to bear with us whilst we resolve these teething issues as I am confident that the latest changes will result in a much improved system.

As i said earlier, if there are any issues you find or there is something that you think we can improve, please do not hesitate to contact me help@guntrader.uk or 01666 575 272. I look forward to hearing from you!

Anthony

Hi bruno22rf, it's not broken today but it will be penalised by google and others if we hadn't made the changes now. And if that happens we will disappear...  Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Perhaps I was a little premature in my criticism as when I tried it again, whilst it`s different, everything seems now to work OK which for some reason it didn`t before --- honest !!

Thanks for coming on here to explain things and I apologise if I was a little abrupt in my initial response.

Regards,

OB 

On 02/05/2018 at 19:41, Old Boggy said:

Hi Anthony,

Perhaps I was a little premature in my criticism as when I tried it again, whilst it`s different, everything seems now to work OK which for some reason it didn`t before --- honest !!

Thanks for coming on here to explain things and I apologise if I was a little abrupt in my initial response.

Regards,

OB 

No problem OB 

Even this old Luddite has managed to now navigate the new format and I`ve also apparently got an older iPad iOS 9.3.5 or so my Grandson told me !!

So thanks for your assistance Anthony. I will therefore continue to use/view Guntrader and not even mention Guns*** !!

OB

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

Even this old Luddite has managed to now navigate the new format and I`ve also apparently got an older iPad iOS 9.3.5 or so my Grandson told me !!

So thanks for your assistance Anthony. I will therefore continue to use/view Guntrader and not even mention Guns*** !!

OB

21 hours ago, Seadog1408 said:

Google chrome needs iOS 10 to operate , so if you are like me and use an older iPad, you are **** outta  luck at present.

Hi OldBoggy & Seadog

We managed to launch a fix today that was causing issues on a variety of old browsers, please reload guntrader and have a play. 

Anthony 

• 3 months later...

Anyone still having issues with guntrader? I get no search email update notifications whatsoever, distance filter doesn’t seem to do anything at all.

I know Anthony mentioned google ranking, but to be fair I don’t really see how this will affect the foot fall to the site as there really is only 2 online gun trade websites. Google adwords campaign would solve this issue anyway.

i have repeatedly emailed them without any reply regarding these issues, as mentioned the site worked flawlessly  before the update to satisfy Google’s ridiculous algorithms and BS. Pity as I really think the site was brilliant.  

After some initial confusion I now know what I'm doing and it's working fine. As admin on a small shooting forum whenever we upgrade the software there are cries of "put it back how it was" and such. Trouble is as the software is updated the older versions arnt supported as much and end up becoming unusable. We should be happy the admin are proactive and actually doing something. There's an owners group forum for a German gun manufacturer that I've stopped going to as there didn't seem to be any admin looking after the site, pity really as it used to be a good rescourse. 

What ever admin do some people just don't want change. ?

For me at least,  I’m in full support of proactive changes especially on old outdated websites. Problems is when the changes are instigated because the almighty google changes it’s damn algorithm. As many have mentioned the original site was a belter, in fact one of the best. Since the google led update no so much as it’s lost a lot of it’s functionality, or some of its functionality doesn’t work the way it should. Nothing to do with being outdated, but moreso functionality. You search, you find, simples.

The site is far from complicated, or should I say less complicated than most. I have no doubt the guys at Guntrader are just as P1ssed at the work google has created for them, as long  as the stats showed/show positive in traffic I say keep on doing what your doing, this maybe more related to the payed for advertising on the site ? And mobile compatibility? Who knows?

This is by no means a dig at guntrader, more a frustration as I loved my daily  email search notifications, which filtered out all the **** I wasn’t interested in or didn’t want to buy. 

Edited by TK421