Howa 1500 stock

Chezney

Good morning all!

im off to pick up a new Howa 1500 in 6.5 Creedmoor this afternoon :yahoo:

my question to you is (particularly if you have one of these) is should I bother with any more expensive stock than the standard hogue plastic/rubber one?

it will be used for field work, not target. It won't have the easiest life...

I have a Howa1500 in Ruger .204 and the Hogue stock is as good as most I've ever handled. I stuck to the 'ordinary' stock having had my 10/22 on a Hogue overmoulded stock for many years, and I don't regret it at all. The rifle will match the accuracy mentioned above with 32gr Hornady V-Max so no concerns there either.

I have a 1500 in 308 with a Hogue stock. The more I use it the more I like it, so have shelved the idea of buying a Boyd's laminated stock even though I like the look of them.

Got no problems with accuracy, though I have toyed with the idea of pillar bedding it, but even with all the kit on, scope, moderator and Bi-pod, the barrel still free floats so again haven't bothered..

Do what makes you comfortable.

Upgraded mine to the GRS Beserk stock.... had it for £295 at the shooting show, best thing I done, no more flexible forend and magazine and bolt feel a lot smoother. Nothing drastically wrong with the hogue over mould but as above with bipod I found it was flexing too much. Great adjustment features from the GRS and now fits me like a glove!

19914F4F-F678-49D0-8C86-41BA5FEC2C82.jpeg