Adjustable Aperture Diaphragm

I have been looking for something to adjust the amount of light entering my Pulsar N750A scope, and have been relying on pieces of black card with various size holes punched out of them.

A guy on Facebook put a link up to one of these via Ebay. They take a few weeks to be delivered but are far cheaper to buy. I paid under £10 for mine, Amazon are charging over £15. You may be able to get them even cheaper than I paid. Mine came back this morning less than four weeks. I intend to try it out tomorrow night.

The Ebay number is: 282483944272

4 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Alternatively you can cannibalise an old SLR lens to remove the aperture mechanism from that - a bit of a faff but you'd get very fine control

I beg to differ, the assemblies in lens are usually 'part' of the lens, and you can't just get the diaphragm out like that... I do service lenses as a hobby, and I can tell you I've spent enough hours fiddling with diaphragm blades with twizzers :-)

That ebay item has a 12 blades iris as well, it's actually an excellent configuration. Most SLR one have <10, often down to 5 because it needs to close quickly.

@steve_b_wales great find!