Left handed Browning

Mason4796

Very frustrating to find that both Browning and Winchester do not offer left handed variants on the popular semi auto models (Maxus, A5, SX4 etc) do you think they will ever cater for a few of us lefties? 

Alternatively what is a good alternative without going down the route of the Turkish hatsans and armsans of this world?

I think you can change the cast on the Maxus with the shims supplied with the gun. You can definitely adjust the drop, as I did with mine and I vaguely remember you can adjust the cast too. Perhaps any Maxus owners can confirm (as I no longer own mine).

2 minutes ago, MrPhantom said:

I think you can change the cast on the Maxus with the shims supplied with the gun. You can definitely adjust the drop, as I did with mine and I vaguely remember you can adjust the cast too. Perhaps any Maxus owners can confirm (as I no longer own mine).

Actually scrub that, as you probably mean a dedicated leftie so the spent cartridge doesn't fly in front of your face when you shoot :)

22 minutes ago, MrPhantom said:

Actually scrub that, as you probably mean a dedicated leftie so the spent cartridge doesn't fly in front of your face when you shoot 

I shoot my right handed Rem 1100 , out my left shoulder every weekend, never noticed the ejected carts to be honest.
The only thing you get is the very occasional flame as it ejects, maybe 1 in 300, still doesnt bother me.

1 hour ago, MrPhantom said:

Actually scrub that, as you probably mean a dedicated leftie so the spent cartridge doesn't fly in front of your face when you shoot 

Absolutely. There appears to be none where the action is reversed to shoot cartridges out of the other side away from my face! 

It seems a shame when there are many devoted and loyal left handed fans of Browning and Winchester! 

I shoot a Maxus with a 26 inch barrel left handed without any problems. Had the safety reversed when l bought it and tis a super gun.

Had a true lefty benelli m2 whivh was a truely awful thing and was got rid of

Edited by grahamch