Garage clear - relatively - only taken 27 years

Gordon R

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, lakeside1000 said:

After I retired I thought I would do all sorts of projects but realised I needed expensive tools and equipment which I sadly don't have, this is my workshop, no problem finding anything in here , there is nothing to find HaHaHa.

DSCF4006.jpg

have you ever made anything with your hands .....?

I have a mate who works but I don't think he can make knives, I do have a few vices but best not elaborate on those, no I think its back to the telly, I am hooked on 'American Pickers' at the moment and when they are not on I just watch loads of pigeon shooting on Utube, its a hard life. 

"have you ever made anything with your hands .....?" asked Ditchman, well I can make a church with a steeple and when you open the doors there are all the people, and I can make it look like I have pulled the end off my thumb, thats not what you meant? ok.

Seriously though yes I have had my moments but its all behind me now, I dont get pleasure from making things anymore, I prefer the quiet life just shooting, fishing and blundering about on the Norfolk Broads in my little boat, just no time for making things. I guess I am just an old lazy b*******

The workshop in the picture is being removed to make way for a greenhouse so the wife can grow some veg.:lol::lol:

• 1 month later...

There's no room in my garage now as it's full of tools and has our Midge in there too☹️

I don't even have that bit of floor space any more as I bought a Startrite bandsaw that's in there among heaps of other tools that I can't move for  ?

0FWvMvz.jpg

I have six or seven lathes now, It seems I started collecting the things, I have a Myford 7, A Granville senior, A Faircut, A Wade, A Small Flexispeed 7, A little Adept, A Unimat and a woodlathe called a Centrix and part of a Coronet woodlathe!!

That's apart from the planers, Grinders, Bench drills, Mitre saws, Band saws and all manner of other stuff!! ?

EDIT- Forgot to say, I put a 10' steel shed at the bottom of the garden and thought all the stuff that went in to the garage after my 6' shed collapsed would leave me ample room to start making knives, I filled the shed up and still can't get in to the garage!!?

KTRkfd4.jpg

The lathes..

Myford 7

ULO1zRt.jpg

The Granville Senior

RMDD7gV.jpg

The Faircut (The only one that's set up and it's the most worn!!) 

n73lKOy.jpg

The Wade

sP5DrZs.jpg

Top- Flexispeed 7

Bott- Adept

DNAbytj.jpg

Unimat, I should set this u[p one day!!

k7qZiRM.jpg

Centrix woodlathe

sDyxeEC.jpg

John ?

Edited by johnbaz
Adding info

On 07/05/2018 at 08:44, team tractor said:

I gave up motorcross and enduro after 10 years at it. Our bodies just can’t take it.

my dad sat me down about 8 years ago and said I have to stop. My body is wearing out to fast. I’d crawl into work some days after racing on a weekend. 

My spine is lacking fluid between the disks and after snapping my wrist, fingers, ribs in one crash I slowed up. I snapped my tib and fib at work 4 years ago and it’s scared me .

i sold all my bikes and gear except the clothing as it’s worthless. 

Now I have 4 kids filling up the garage

Do you let them into the house occasionally  ?  :hmm:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2018 at 17:39, Stimo22 said:

These area a couple of my latest restorations, 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Stimo22, I am in the process of getting my motorcycle license a little bit late in life (58), I have been looking at different styles of bikes I like, after seeing that Triumph I have made my mind up. I appreciate its a bike you have built yourself and I can't buy one of the shelf, but can you tell me what model, year and different parts you used to make it. Thank's for your time Chris.

Hi Chris

The triumph is a 250 trophy, the model is TR25W https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-british-motorcycles/classic-triumph-motorcycles/triumph-trophy-250-zmmz17jazhur

This is basically a Bsa B25 in thiumph cloths. The standard model is quite nice, I just built it how I wanted it

After getting relatively tidy, the garage drifted into chaos - mainly through youngest visiting, using stuff and just piling it at the front. This morning, our grandson came to tidy it again. Still too much piled at the box and masses of tools stored in boxes on the floor, because the cabinets are full. One tidy drawer spanner drawer - KD made in USA (part of the Dannaher Group) - sadly no matching 28mm.

Getting there.

IMG_20180814_132418.jpg

rsz_img.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:10, lakeside1000 said:

After I retired I thought I would do all sorts of projects but realised I needed expensive tools and equipment which I sadly don't have, this is my workshop, no problem finding anything in here , there is nothing to find HaHaHa.

DSCF4006.jpg

as a man cave this is wrong so wrong can you at least put the car in or the very  least or a spanner please as you are letting the side down if not sloe gin damson plumb blackberry or gooseberry for the shooting season  or some other spirit for the winter to warm the cockles of your heart LOL

1 hour ago, Dunkield said:

We need pictures of this

I believe it’s called rhubarb and custard.

It’s been in the barn 10+ years (over that time I’ve seen it and squeezed past it) but I bought it unseen over breakfast on Saturday - it’s got genuine miles on the ‘G’ plate and the most expensive thing to fix is £1k (the chassis).

44CFD2F8-0D63-4E54-AE9E-0C549B547DF5.png

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

The actual bodywork looks to be in decent nick, as does the paintwork. Does it need a new chassis or is that just the dearest thing to replace?

I bought it unseen, so in working it out in my head what I should pay and what I could be in for, I worked backwards from what would be the most expensive and obvious thing to fix and that's the chassis, but it's been barn stored and when I saw it before it wasn't a rot box.

It's being collected today so I'll get the bad news later on today.

I think it needs the sleeper BMW bike engine conversion; I'd love to do that for fun but it will wreck the re-sale value.

Edited by Mungler

i borrowed one of them in France decades ago..........going down the motorway at light speed the wind rushing thro my trousers....pulled it into top gear....and the gearstick came off in my hand...........

know a couple of keepers in norfolk who used them as an estate car.........they never got stuck as the wheels were so thin they sqidged the mud aside until the tyre found good ground............