Kukri

la bala

Guest stevo

And the kind of stuff I would NOT like to encounter on the street , what possible use would anyone have for that kind of **** in this country ?? 

Edited by stevo

8 minutes ago, stevo said:

And the kind of stuff I would NOT like to encounter on the street , what possible use would anyone have for that kind of **** in this country ?? 

Well I will tell you stevo, My grandson is in P company training for the Parachute Regiment. I am buying it as a passing out gift because he may need that sought of **** as a last resort in some of the countries he may end up in. Is that a good enough reason.

Edited by la bala

Guest stevo
5 minutes ago, la bala said:

Well I will tell you stevo, My grandson is in P company training for the Parachute Regiment. I am buying it as a passing out gift because he may need that sought of **** as a last resort in some of the countries he may end up in. Is that a good enough reason.

More than good enough mucker , I just have this horrible thought of some moron running about with one over here trying to look hard in front of his mates , 

as far as I’m concerned your grandson will be over the moon with it and to be honest I could not think of a better person I would want to have one , he is one of the lads that lets me sleep easy every night ?

La Bala, your grandson will not be allowed to carry it even if you give it to him. He will be issued with all that he will need, he may be allowed to buy and carry a Leatherman but that is about it regarding unauthorised kit. In fact on some operations recently Leathermans were bought by the unit and issued to those on ops.

10 minutes ago, stevo said:

More than good enough mucker , I just have this horrible thought of some moron running about with one over here trying to look hard in front of his mates , 

as far as I’m concerned your grandson will be over the moon with it and to be honest I could not think of a better person I would want to have one , he is one of the lads that lets me sleep easy every night ?

Yes understand what your saying about our streets bud, its getting out of hand, in my day at its worst it was missing teeth or a broken nose, but not anymore.

9 minutes ago, EMcC said:

La Bala, your grandson will not be allowed to carry it even if you give it to him. He will be issued with all that he will need, he may be allowed to buy and carry a Leatherman but that is about it regarding unauthorised kit. In fact on some operations recently Leathermans were bought by the unit and issued to those on ops.

Thanks for EMcC, thats put the spanner in the works :lol:

not being funny LB just asking my thought ......... ............ will it be allowed through customs as I was watching one of those customs at the airport type programmes and they intercepted a shipment of ornamental knives and did not let it in and sent it for destruction

Edited by hodge911

7 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

not being funny LB just asking my thought ......... ............ will it be allowed through customs as I was watching one of those customs at the airport type programmes and they intercepted a shipment of ornamental knives and did not let it in and sent it for destruction

I emailed the supplier in the Netherlands this morning, although Cold Steel is made in the USA, I am buying from within EU.

30 minutes ago, la bala said:

I emailed the supplier in the Netherlands this morning, although Cold Steel is made in the USA, I am buying from within EU.

in that case mate your grandson should be pleased as punch to get that :good::good:

and please GIVE HIM A HUGE PAT ON THE BACK from me on becoming a parra :beer:

10 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

in that case mate your grandson should be pleased as punch to get that :good::good:

and please GIVE HIM A HUGE PAT ON THE BACK from me on becoming a parra :beer:

Passing out is a few weeks away yet hodge, and then its on to Brize Norton for his jumps. Its been hard and many have fell by the wayside.  This is going to be one proud grandad when he gets his wings, and to top it up the whole training from day one has been filmed for an autumn television series.

A few years ago I spent some time raising cash for the Gurkha Welfare Trust at CAMRA beer festival's. At one were managed to get two Gurkhas to come along. You would not believe some of the stupid comments we got.

Are they real Gurkhas? (No they are ****** plastic!) 

Why are they raising money in the UK for?

One woman even tried to make an official complaint about allowing knives into a beer festival. I will always remember the festival chairman's reply.

Madam those knives are safer where they are than locked up in an office.

Glad to say we raised lots of cash. The two lads turned up with a collection tin each. I took then away and gave them two buckets which were filled. Great times.

On 04/05/2018 at 19:19, hodge911 said:

NO problem through customs at all. You may get stung with import duty/vat. There is Cold Steel Uk might be more expensive but once you add on vat/duty not much in it.