"today im mainly an idiot"

ditchman

just felt in "the pottering about mode"............Tightchoke will be out of his pram and Harnser will not be impressed cause im not doing his knife..............just needed a break...mowed the grass did the shopping................yeahhhh :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:.....bit of free time....

so got the very old HW77 out (with a very heavy german mod on it)...fired it off a couple of times and worked a bit more oil into the wood what i stripped and fettled last year....

then i did a bit of work on the recon cylinder head im using for the rebuild...and didnt know when to stop :lol:...polished the rocker cover and made some heater pipes out of copper and polished them as well.....and when they are done i will laquer them................talk about OCD...

anyway there you are..........migtht get back on track soon

ditch..

messing about 001tn_.JPG

messing about 002tn_.JPG

messing about 003tn_.JPG

messing about 004tn_.JPG

1 hour ago, kenholland said:

you cannot beat a bit of pottering ditchman , i'm the same , a bit of reloading , fiddle about with the pigeon gear, get my clayshells ready for the next shoot , have a mooch in the shed .

excactly...:good:

14 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Is this a 'proper' Land Rover ditchy or one of these late night drive by hot rods? 

i wont excactly be burnin' my tyres out, down yarmouth seafront on a saturday night................not

56 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

Have to say the "patent Ditchman stock darkening" is looking very good too. 

yeah....not bad for a bit of old beech....took a long while and guts to find a way to "entice" beech to stain and take colour.........