same farm as last week

yickdaz

as the title 2 of us went back to the drilling I shot last weekend and the other 2 fields I mentioned had been done during the week  and birds on them as we arrived with a good flightline, coming in we couldn't  set up in the ideal spot we wanted to due to horses in the next field over so set up directly on the line at 1.30pm  only thing they would be coming from the back of us which I hate shooting at going away birds, but a lot went over then turned in front of us and came in we both shot some terrific birds and fluffed our lines  at quite a few  flitting about and going away  over the decoys feathers rained off them but carried on flying but a great session with some tough shooting but I like that finished at 6.30pm with 114 picked and about 10 lost.

I had a strange encounter with 2 roe deer on this farm where for the last 11 years we have shot the farm  never seen or heard of any being there I managed a few pics from my car with the mobile as I was watching the flightlines before the old fella turned up  not best pics but evidence they are there 

WP_20180505_18_33_39_Pro (800x451).jpg

WP_20180505_12_58_42_Pro (800x451).jpg

Good knowledge and observation gained you that excellent bag.

Roe deer are getting everywhere and are being seen now in places where they have not been recorded before. I saw some in some ditches by the coast this morning.

Another fantastic bag posted on P W , well done and very envious , I love this time of the year , everything nice and fresh and never knowing what is round the next corner .

Do you normally have your magnet that close to your hide ? , or was it put there when you laid the bag out

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Another fantastic bag posted on P W , well done and very envious , I love this time of the year , everything nice and fresh and never knowing what is round the next corner .

Do you normally have your magnet that close to your hide ? , or was it put there when you laid the bag out

yeah just put there to take a pic, it usually goes about 20 yards out to one side or in front of the decoys depending on the wind direction