Tour de Yorkshire

100milesaway

14 minutes ago, Mice! said:

cyclists should only ride two abreast and try to move out the way on narrow roads, but then given how bad some people drive these days i can't blame folk for cycling defensively, plus you've got to stay out the massive pot holes which will wreck your bike or put you under a car.

Nothing wrong with cyclists when using cycle paths, however many of them don't they use the road. 

If most of the cyclists afforded all other road users even half the courtesy and consideration they seem to expect from others as well as adhering to the rules of the road (as they seem to do in Holland) as they expect others to, there would be considerably fewer incidents.   

Since my earlier post today on the subject I have heard that someone in the parish recently had to have their dog PTS due to injuries sustained when hit by a cyclist.  The dog was on a lead and the occurrence happened on a FOOT path between fields.  I also heard that said cyclist threatened to sue the owner for damage to his machine and himself, although I cannot confirm this.

The Highway code for cyclists states: Ride single file on narrow or busy roads, and when riding round bends. ( Rule 66) it also says to be thoughtful to other road users.

It also says don't ride on the pavement, obey all road signs and lines and also obey traffic lights. One can only assume cyclists can't read!!!!!!

52 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Nothing wrong with cyclists when using cycle paths, however many of them don't they use the road. 

If most of the cyclists afforded all other road users even half the courtesy and consideration they seem to expect from others as well as adhering to the rules of the road (as they seem to do in Holland) as they expect others to, there would be considerably fewer incidents.   

Since my earlier post today on the subject I have heard that someone in the parish recently had to have their dog PTS due to injuries sustained when hit by a cyclist.  The dog was on a lead and the occurrence happened on a FOOT path between fields.  I also heard that said cyclist threatened to sue the owner for damage to his machine and himself, although I cannot confirm this.

I'd think that if that happened  we would all be getting sued, for wrapping the bike around his head.

I used to meet a bunch of these Mamils 3-4 a breast between the village and my house on quite a narrow road. Since me and a couple of my neighbours have increased our speed to ap 2 times the legal limit they have, like a miracle, left the road and are now using the bikers road next to it instead.

I guess the sight of a black BMW comming at them at 140 kph made them somehow see reason......