Sunshine it can't be Saturday

It seemed strange to be picking up DB at 09.00 in the sunshine, we were developing " Fenland" web feet over the past month. We had no idea as to where to find pigeon but started out looking at clover, to find small quantities on various paddocks and lawns.I had a call on Monday on some peas we shot last week and the Farmer said I keep putting a shot across them. So when we arrived today not a bird in sight, the Farmer said I haven't put a shot out today as I  knew you would be here. Not a bird in sight. We kept quartering our permissions looking for birds flighting or a seed field. We passed one field and in the distance we could see a brown field so we retraced our steps and found the gate to the field as we watched a small number arrived and dropped in. It had a good number of Rock doves in with the pigeon but we counted at leased fifty pigeon. We went to our nearset farm with permission and obtained the Farmers address and drove off. Ten minutes later we were talking to the farmer who was not keen to give us permission as he leased the ground and needed to contact the owner. We had an order for fresh birds this week and said to the farmer we needed  permision or we would have to move on and keep looking. at this point he said " Oh Well carry on" . So we drove back to the field and set up , it was now 14.00 and nothing returned for 45 minutes and we thought we should move on as we did have an order to complete. We had a trickle of birds return and they decoyed from every angle but it was slow. The temperature in the Disco we indicating 27 degrees and nothing was moving. We agreed to shoot till 18.00 and in the last hour we had twenty birds.We packed up and the total for the day was sixtyfour and we had enough to complete the order and had a warm days shooting

100_3123.jpg

64 pigeons

Edited by pigeon controller