hft targets

mel b3

hiya guys ,

im looking to set up some kind of hft layout for a mate ,  in my woodland . hes always up there helping out with the hard graft, so id like to repay the favour. id like to get self re setting targets if possible(i dont fancy miles of string everywhere), does anyone know of any sensibly priced suppliers , or does anyone have plans so that i can make my own targets ? .

any pointers on a layout would also be handy guys.

thanks for looking, 

mel.

Hi mel .i use some simple knock up / down targets with reducers that spike into the ground. I have 5  that i use for practice and fun plinking .i set them up in woods etc and range find them buy eye. They are very robust and have taken a lot of stick over the years .

I think mine are smk one i paid around &17 each .which although is a fair amount its pretty cheap for the quality of them .

I use a self setting spinning type target which is for a 22lr. I'm sure you can get one for air rifles too. I also make my own 'clay' targets by using plaster mixed and set into moulds such as plastic lids. These have a good effect when shot at by air rifle or bigger, and they are bio degradeable too.

This one is for pellets, the one I have is for .22LR (It states also for .22LR but I'm not sure about it. Mine was purchased from a gamefair and had no name on it.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/tinkertonk-Resetting-Targets-Spinning-Shooting/dp/B073CSCN6P/ref=cts_sp_1_vtp

6 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Hi mel .i use some simple knock up / down targets with reducers that spike into the ground. I have 5  that i use for practice and fun plinking .i set them up in woods etc and range find them buy eye. They are very robust and have taken a lot of stick over the years .

I think mine are smk one i paid around &17 each .which although is a fair amount its pretty cheap for the quality of them .

That's the sort of thing that I'd like to ,buy I'm hoping to find some at a lower price ,or make my own  , I'm looking to buy 20 /40 of them ,so it'll be getting a bit expensive. 

6 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I use a self setting spinning type target which is for a 22lr. I'm sure you can get one for air rifles too. I also make my own 'clay' targets by using plaster mixed and set into moulds such as plastic lids. These have a good effect when shot at by air rifle or bigger, and they are bio degradeable too.

They sound like a good laugh. 

Thank you very much for the advice and messages guys , I think that I might have things sorted now .

My mate is a top bloke and has been a massive help with the woodland, so i want to make the course as realistic as I can for him , the only problem is that it's on the list with the other 200 jobs that are all priority 1 lol.

23 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

This one is for pellets, the one I have is for .22LR (It states also for .22LR but I'm not sure about it. Mine was purchased from a gamefair and had no name on it.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/tinkertonk-Resetting-Targets-Spinning-Shooting/dp/B073CSCN6P/ref=cts_sp_1_vtp

I bought one off ebay the same  that said it was suitable for 22rf I was dubious but I gave it a chance, 35 meters subsonic ammo ruined it.

sent an ebay message with photos and they refunded my money then I beat it with a big hammer and got it something like.

I'll use it with air rifles in future

I also have some targets from here  http://www.nockover-targets.co.uk/home.html

Edited by defender

55 minutes ago, defender said:

I bought one off ebay the same  that said it was suitable for 22rf I was dubious but I gave it a chance, 35 meters subsonic ammo ruined it.

sent an ebay message with photos and they refunded my money then I beat it with a big hammer and got it something like.

I'll use it with air rifles in future

I also have some targets from here  http://www.nockover-targets.co.uk/home.html

The one I bought at a game fair is approx 1/4" metal. I set it out at around 50 yards and use subsonic hp's. They only make a small dent on the metal.

My mate made this, not sure what the backstop is but the spinners are conduit box lids on a piece of stud. The lids took a bashing bit did the trick,                                could possibly do with someting thicker.IMG-20170218-WA0002.jpg.502ca08998b2b0c38cb0b282b7f4c338.jpg5af28aac987a2_Spinningtarget.jpg.390d84a20ade30043b11a0892ad98144.jpg

Edited by Newbie to this
Stud not copper pipe

Just to round this one off

I was ushered towards a guy on the airgun forum that makes targets , turns out he only lives a couple of miles away from me ,and ,he gave me a huge bag of quality steel targets ,at a serious bargain price.

Thank you again guys ?