Finished.

fatchap

A tackle shop in Devon has agreed to display some of the stuff I make. A mate of mine takes his fishing holidays there and has got talking to the owner and after much sending of photo's he asked me to make a small display for his new tackle shop. Its taken me ages, one of the knives I've already posted pics on here.

Even the box took a while to do,.....5aefe9cbd075a_photo(20).JPG.b6c34512170df095c2415bebc4792001.JPG

Quite pleased with it. But my only concern is I am in Essex and my stuff will be in Devon, He hasn't bought any of it. But if a customer comes into his shop and wants one of the items he contacts me and I make one, the stuff in the box is not for sale, but controlling that from Essex is a bit of a worry.

Thanks!

my mate bought a stickleback off me and uses it for fishing. I put a lot of thought and work into that knife and to watch him hack open a can of spam with it is quite unnerving but it does the job and he reckons its a great tacklebox friendly little knife.

Do you have better pictures of your goods as one of the knives is partly hidden. 

I am interested in them, whats the steel you used and hardness is it tempered etc. 

Do they come with a sheath also do you do other scales ?

Whats the sizes of the knives overall and blade length.

Edited by figgy

34 minutes ago, figgy said:

Do you have better pictures of your goods as one of the knives is partly hidden. 

I am interested in them, whats the steel you used and hardness is it tempered etc. 

Do they come with a sheath also do you do other scales ?

Whats the sizes of the knives overall and blade length.

Do you mean this one?

5aefff6a37d97_knif1.JPG.8de40244717f0a092cc61c937898d38b.JPG

Blade length of all my knives are uk carry legal. I try to avoid making "zombie killers"

All knives are 01 tool steel, The Outlore  bushcraft knife is double quenched and tempered, purely for what bushcraft knives are put through.

The others just get the one quench and tempered.

You can have whatever scales or handles you want, full tang, rat tail tang(hidden).

I do make the sheaths but they are nothing special, Just dyed veg tanned 3mm leather cut to shape and sewn up. I'm not great at the leatherworking side of things such as artwork etc on the sheath.

10 hours ago, fatchap said:

Blade length of all my knives are uk carry legal. 

Fatchap - there is no maximum legal length for a fixed blade.

Legal everyday carry with no particular reason means 3" blade, non-locking folder.

For a fixed blade, you need a good reason for having it with you, whether the blade is two inches long or two feet long.

Criminal Justice Act 1988, Section 139 is the applicable law, plus two bits of case law ( R vs Harris and R vs Deegan) which mean that a locking blade is legally equivalent to a fixed blade.

If you're going to sell them commercially, you do need to know the applicable law, to avoid you or your customers falling foul of it.

Nice looking knives, by the way :good:- definitely worth putting prices up on here.

Its a grey area and they have just revised the wording as of last month.

Legal to carry on the street a non locking folding blade of no more than 3 inch in blade length. Also known as EDC (EVERYDAY CARRY)

however your EDC is not permitted in pubs, clubs football matches etc.

Fixed knives  no serrated edges or markings that depict it to be a weapon. You need to prove you have good reason to carry and its used for its purpose and you have proof of why you have it, such as a boot full of hunting or fishing kit, however a fixed blade knife carrying in public would be classed as a weapon or as the police call it CWI  and land you with a minimum of 4 years at her majestys pleasure.

Infact good reason to carry has plenty of excuses. But in all honesty if you get caught walking down the high street with a 10"bowie knife attached to your belt you really do not have any excuse.

Edited by fatchap

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 06:58, fatchap said:

A tackle shop in Devon has agreed to display some of the stuff I make. A mate of mine takes his fishing holidays there and has got talking to the owner and after much sending of photo's he asked me to make a small display for his new tackle shop. Its taken me ages, one of the knives I've already posted pics on here.

Even the box took a while to do,.....5aefe9cbd075a_photo(20).JPG.b6c34512170df095c2415bebc4792001.JPG

Quite pleased with it. But my only concern is I am in Essex and my stuff will be in Devon, He hasn't bought any of it. But if a customer comes into his shop and wants one of the items he contacts me and I make one, the stuff in the box is not for sale, but controlling that from Essex is a bit of a worry.

End of the day you have to take risks, I would just be sure to take a deposit for any orders you take, the display looks great if it didn't no one would look, good luck.